Nine (WIN)

I think “Next, Then, Later” type Lineups still air on Ten in primetime, but I haven’t seen “Tonight” ones air during the day for quite some time now.

1 Like

Maybe Ten saw the Magnum P.I. promos and jumped in? :joy:

2 Likes

It’s hard to tell. The font is slightly bolder than normal. The logo animation is pretty basic. If it is a WIN production they’ve done a good job but looking at how they do a Peach promo has me doubting it. It could just be a template 10 (hardly) uses.

3 Likes

Aside from the missing “logo pulse” animation (for the want of a better term), to me it looks like it might be a Ten-produced template.

Even if stuff never gets used/put to air, I guess it’s better to have templates of things in the package just incase anything’s needed. The full screen Classification Warnings in Seven’s 2016-19 look comes to mind, never used by the network because they had been phased out by then, but somehow Prime7 managed to find use for a full screen Classification Warning based on that package once or twice.

2 Likes

It seems the last few days they have had two versions of the lineup. One that starts with the WIN logo only, the other with Dr Chris and Julia:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if 10 Marketing & Branding Dept. saw some of their previous work and made them make this change.

Now, if only WIN would axe the “map” logo and go with the more modern circle like 10.

Their round font actually goes well with the circle logo.

2 Likes

Blockquote Now, if only WIN would axe the “map” logo

that did happen for 6 months i believe after there affiliation swap but bruce came into town and made them change the logo to what it is now, i think the change of watermark is due to win wanting it known its a regional Australian wide channel , the only time they change logo is once a week one 10 goes into maintenance mode or something like that that logo i could put up with

4 Likes

Fair enough with them wanting to be known as a Australia wide regional channel, but can’t WIN make the mappy watermark transparent on screen instead of solid blue?

7 Likes

They get dirty feeds from the network which already have 10’s logos on them. They need to be opaque by default.

1 Like

They don’t get a dirty feed of the main channel AIUI

2 Likes

it was when win was an affiliate of 9. so dont know why they cant do it now, bu ti think bruces views has changed since the 9 days

2 Likes

Yesterdays lineup had Grant and Amanda:

He can’t see through transparencies.

5 Likes

Incorrect. WIN get a clean feed from 10, with nothing on it. So their decision to use the solid blue logo on screen is entirely because that’s what they want.

9 Likes

Only during the network recovery period which I believe is monthly now.

3 Likes

looking back over this thread to 2016 , it makes me wonder why win changed there watermark from the ok to good watermark which was the word win , to the watermark there using now if my memory serves me some one said it was show win was a regional Australian tv station, couldn’t that still be done with the word win watermark like how it was in the very early stages of the affiliation swap to 10??

2 Likes

Lineup:

If all they changed was the voiceover, it’d actually be a pretty good effort from WIN.

2 Likes

Hughesy spelt wrong there!

11 Likes

I’m starting to think the “local business” sponsor billboard were made with a online template. See, what’s up with the generic cinema theme?