Nine (WIN)

It’s a bit odd seeing the WIN Peach branding there when the rest of the promos that air are all showing as 10 Peach.

8 Likes

I’ve seen this promo a few times before, but don’t remember it having the Peach logo and V/O at the end, perhaps a recent edit whilst they were making those other terrible promos?

1 Like

New WIN Production Closer:

8 Likes

Oh god they kept the music the same! Now waiting for them to take a “Nine’s seven-colour era closer” thing and plaster the 10 production closer with this!

Also, why is Bruce suddenly taking part-time control of the programming again?

The New WIN programming closer was slightly better than the original one back in 2018 meaning that WIN didn’t have to turn the AUstralia logo from side to bottom! I still liked the tune of WIN closer.

1 Like

what program(s) do they put that on?

It was shown on Fishing Australia.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous that WIN has still not changed their news logo and colours since the Nine affiliation ended.

Above we see the Nine looking news promo, with the WIN Peach logo.

There is zero consistency in their branding.

You never know if you’ll get a Ten/WIN/Nine looking promo or logo.

Just do what SCA did and rebrand to 10 and be done with it.

4 Likes

sorry not while bruce is still around , win will always be called win till the day he dies . then it might change

2 Likes

What I don’t get is the logo and set key has red and maroon accents, while full screen graphics have orange accents. Nevertheless, their package more closely resembles the previous Eyewitness News package if anything.

Doesn’t really look similar to anything on air at the moment, so they can kind of get away with having “their own” look. Then again, it doesn’t resemble the 2D playful vibe that Ten-provided idents and productions have.

2 Likes

The networks appearance isnt their biggest problem. It is the inconsistency in their programming. As an example, 12 months ago WIN screened Days Of Our Lives and Young And The Restless on what is now WIN Peach, briefly moved Days Of Our Lives to WIN (main channel), then back to WIN Peach. Also WIN were screening Bergerac and Allo Allo on what is now WIN Bold on Saturdays, but now the retro programming has been abandoned and moved retro programming to WIN Peach.

Win clearly arent looking at their target audience. If I was a programmer at WIN in the earlier example, I would have channel shifted the reality encores and replaced it with the daytime serials. Australian content requirements wouldnt be an issue as WIN has replaced 2 hours of US content between 6am and 8:30am with Headline News.

Even Susie, a talk show launched at the height of the WIN-Nine war in in 2007 only lasted 12 months (june 25 2007 - 20 June 2008). So its obvious if you are going to abandon something after 12 months, one wonders what the “next” program variations will be.

5 Likes

First time in a long time that I have seen a lineup on WIN:

13 Likes

Doesn’t look too bad.

1 Like

About Time! Lets hope they stop playing those terrible generic cover up NCIS/Blue Bloods promos now which they’ve been using instead of signposts.

That actually looks really good! They’ve adapted the single Next/Later cards into a full lineup quite well.

Now they just need the same careful eye to remake those Magnum P.I. promos. They don’t need to change too much.

2 Likes

Saw a 10-branded 10 Bold lineup yesterday!

4 Likes

WIN Lineup featuring Chris Brown and Julia Morris:

Video:

4 Likes

WIN has a promo for Ocean’s Thirteen tomorrow night airing where the logo flicks down a line down the screen a few times. Looking closely, the first two instances have the Ten logo then the last two are WIN. Blink and you’ll miss it.

1 Like

Are these made by 10? They look too good to be done by WIN lol.

4 Likes

I’d like to know this too.
Does 10 even air line-ups anymore?