Nine (WIN)

I know it’s for legal reasons but both 7 Tasmania and TDT9 have both chosen to change their schedules lately with regards to the Bob Chapple case. The way 9 wrote it about TDT was that they didn’t agree with their choice.

1 Like

With WIN, they have to consult with Ten prior to re-jigging the schedule. But most of the network schedule has to be simulcast particularly around primetime.

This might possibly be why WIN’s breakaway Saturday night forays are now on WIN Peach rather than the main channel.

3 Likes

Only TDT9 are doing it. 7 Tasmania running with no changes today.

There’s a 30 second Kojak promo doing the rounds also. I think it is the better of the three, and there’s no voiceover on this one.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s any changes from Nine’s schedule today. The ones I was referring to were Wedneday nights on 7 when Undercurrent was on and last weeks 60 Minutes on Nine.

1 Like

Thats where BRUCE TV comes in… The Channel was born to make… proving her can independently program (lets face it, no one programs GOLD otherwise a schedule would be published on the EPG… the programmer is probably a relative of Bear from BJ and The Bear lol)

1 Like

Was inferring Gordon is a female a typo?

yes lol

1 Like

I wonder how Headline News is going in regional QLD up against Today and Sunrise given it has a half hour head start on those two during the current daylight saving period

2 Likes

The song used in WIN’s post-2012 Entertaining Australia promo is another Audio Network track, Timelock by Terry-Devine King.

https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/timelock_7661

The fact that it starts at 5am instead of 5:30am probably makes absolutely no difference to anyone.
The thing that would be noticeable by viewers (if they even have any), would be the fact that it finishes at 7:30am.

Have watched a little bit of WIN tonight, which I don’t normally do.

Have seen multiple SNOW promos airing in the breaks and every time they say “Channel 53” on the promo.

Would be funny if anyone was to head over to 53, only to find 9Go!

7 Likes

They’ve obviously aired the Northern NSW version up there, as we have WIN on the 5/5x series of LCNs here.

1 Like

Just 2 questions, which I am curious about:

1. WIN timeshift the late night edition of The Project and The Late Show by 1 hour, would WIN have to pay for these programs twice? eg once for Ten’s original screening time plus the WIN screening time

2. Say if WIN opted to channel shift a program, would WIN have to pay for that program twice? (a hypothetical example could be shifting the weekday afternoon reality encore to a secondary channel and screening say All Australian News on the main channel)

1 Like

Since the first days of aggregation WIN showed ACA at 7:00pm though Nine had it live at 6:30pm. When Nine went to a 1 hour news WIN shifted ACA to 7:30pm on 9Gem. I don’t recall any news stories about Bruce Gordon complaining that Nine was double charging him for ACA. I would guess that there was no double charging.

1 Like

I guess you could be right, but back then the percentages the metro stations wanted wasnt anywhere near as high as it is now

Why would there be double charging?

WIN were still only showing ACA once?

1 Like

Exactly.

WIN don’t pay for each individual program though, they just pay a percentage of their profits to 10 (previously Nine) for program supply.

3 Likes

Magnum P.I/Kojak/Columbo Promo:

7 Likes