Nine (WIN)

Well to be fair the receptionist wouldn’t be able to shed much light and they were probably wondering why you were asking/suggesting such things.

4 Likes

By the time we got 9life here in TAS they weren’t rebranding 9Gem or 9Go

1 Like

Frankly I’m shocked that WIN management didn’t immediately suspend all other projects and activities and get right on the issues raised by crazy nerd person who rang reception! What is TV coming to?

7 Likes

WIN hardly rebranded 9Gem and 9Go! anyway. 9Life was no different. They kind of gave up their efforts between Nov 2015 and the end of their 6 month affiliation deal in mid 2016. Didn’t even have a mappy watermark once WIN HD launched.

4 Likes

and also to be fair its called feedback i do have a right as viewer

2 Likes

I hope they passed the information on to the right person.

1 Like

Yes, a joint venture with Village, a hold over from the the ENT days I believe. I think Village took full ownership a few years ago.

Should be noted that they weren’t the only TV station that owned cinemas - TVW-7 owned Cinema City, and NBN owned the Royal in Newcastle (the one that’s now a Hillsong for the happy clappers). And of course, a lot of cinema operators were also shareholders in TV stations in both metro and regional areas too.

3 Likes

What will happen to Win when Bruce passes away?

Either Andrew runs things, or he sells it. Not a two part question when you think about it. :wink:

1 Like

In theory Andrew Gordon runs WIN now as he is the executive chairman. But Bruce Gordon as the owner would obviously be directing the son.

1 Like

Just saw a friend’s Facebook post saying he is excited to be joining “Nine/WIN, Stan, and Go channels” in a senior role.
How he managed to get passed the interview stage is beyond me.

11 Likes

Someone tell tell WIN that they’re shouldn’t be a watermark during Studio 10!

WIN puts all their complaints about their watermarks into a great big circular filing cabinet. Otherwise known as a bin. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Pretty sure WIN’s bins are shaped as mappy.

4 Likes

Why Studio 10 and not any other program?

1 Like

Because mappy is at it’s biggest only during Studio 10.

1 Like

Maybe. But he did say there shouldn’t be one. Ten doesn’t have one either.

2 Likes

If Ten doesn’t have any watermark during Studio 10, it’s probably because having one on the screen is somewhat redundant when the Network Ten “10” is part of that program’s logo!

5 Likes

Exactly. 10 News First doesn’t have the regular 10 watermark for the same reason.

5 Likes

No Aussie network does, same with most internationally.