Nine (WIN)

They were probably thinking that there might just be one or two Newcastle Falcons supporters still around that might join up…

Falcon / Hawk… It’s still a bird…

Illawarra / Newcastle… It’s still near Sydney

:grinning:

2 Likes

I noticed that as well when I was at mum and dad’s over Christmas.

1 Like

When I was a serious Sydney Kings fan many years back I would sometimes go to away games in Wollongong, Newcastle and Canberra. I actually don’t see the problem with advertising NSW NBL teams in other areas of NSW.

1 Like

That has got to be the lamest reason to become a Hawks supporter. I’m a old Falcons/Pirates supporter and I became a Kings member.

Next we’ll see Dragons membership ads in Knights territory. The ultimate sin.

It’s just weird. Especially as WIN doesn’t air NBL.

4 Likes

New Years ID:

7 Likes

Saw this one last week and managed to record last night, the odd 2 minute long WIN Project promo

2 Likes

Which I have just seen on WIN Newcastle.

1 Like

This is actually pretty good, bar the hideous win network logo.

2 Likes

Recorded another one of the terrible in house WIN generic promos, used for covering up 10 signposts and billboards, this one is for Law & Order SVU

and finally got around to getting the Dancing with the stars promo with glitterball WIN logo

5 Likes

Getting a dirty feed on WIN at the moment, is that unusual for a Sat night? No cover up either!

2 Likes

Me thinks Brucey is back in Aust, because to me mappy is much bigger again :cry:

2 Likes

Mappy is still the same size in regional SA.

1 Like

Since mid December.
Don’t stress, there are no bug changes in WIN’s homeland.

The original large version creeps back in from time to time.

1 Like

Yeah, during Studio 10.

WIN’s 2009 endboard still in use but in native HD…

7 Likes

I feel awkward over the entire “WIN Bold” and “WIN Peach” thing. See look, when 9Go and 9Gem got rebranded WIN bothered with using the “Nine” part of the names, and 9Life had “LIFE” as a LCN name but WIN used the Nine part oftenly. WIN One and WIN Eleven were decent (falling through Bruce’s addict for obscure late 80s shows), but the 2018 names make me EWWWWWWW! The “10” part is still used in promos (LITERALLY), and 10-branded main channel promos would occcansitaly slip in. I recall one in 2016 when a Ten-branded promo for Brock predicted a WIN one!

The 2 minute main channel promos also suffer from this. WIN branding on main, 10 branding on Bold and Peach. I recall during late 2016 where that “There’s No Business Like Show Business” promo played with 10 branding on WIN One! The Project promo is a better case, but the 10 version still slips through.

Should’ve WIN took a 9Life route instead and kept the 10 trademark?

1 Like

I live in Canberra and refer to WIN as Ten and Prime as Seven. Probably could be because I lived most of my life in Sydney. I don’t have a problem with the WIN (and Prime) branding … it’s just the solid WIN watermarks on their channels that are annoying.

9 Likes

It’s a mess not only because of the solid logos (which are awful), but also because WIN haven’t gone all-out, used a clean feed and inserted their own promos on the secondary channels.

It isn’t really surprising given the costs involved with each extra channel (and that’s why 9Life, the last one added during their Nine affiliation, didn’t get the rebranding treatment), but I’m still surprised it’s so hard to play their own promos since (presumably) they already play their own commercials.

I have to guess that once Bruce finally departs - combined with the continuing pressure to cut costs - WIN will eventually follow SCA & Prime in adopting their affilitate network’s branding (which can’t happen soon enough in my opinion).

5 Likes

even tho on the day of the 10 rebranding i did ask if there was going to be a change to the win logo and told there wasnt i even suggest doing a prime7 water mark and going with win10 but got told it would be looked at but never did

1 Like