WIN Television

tennetwork
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f81edf34640>

This is definitely the case in North QLD too.
WIN has always been colloquially known as “Channel Nine” for years and years under the previous affiliation, and that still continues to this day, despite the fact it’s not Nine anymore and we do actually have a Nine.

A month or two ago there was a staff email that went out at work about a programme that had been partly filmed in Townsville, and the email that went out said it was on “Channel Nine”… it was in fact on WIN.

7 Likes

Not sure if it has already been posted, been meaning to record it for a while and finally got it, the generic “Home Made” WIN promo for FBI, It took them a month or so after relaunch to start making their own generic 5 second promos again, generally shown in place of 10 Signposts etc.

Also recorded a few weeks ago, the generic NCIS promo

6 Likes

i98FM billboard:

7 Likes

Just saw a Illawarra Hawks membership ad on WIN.

In Northern NSW.

Now if you know your NBL, you’ll know how odd/wrong that will sound.

5 Likes

happened the other day as well!

2 Likes

Saw it play out in the Border/North East market earlier this week, along with a WIN News promo ending with the “Central Victoria’s best news” tag line. Something went wrong here.

3 Likes

The WIN Network ™: Something went wrong here.

7 Likes

They were probably thinking that there might just be one or two Newcastle Falcons supporters still around that might join up…

Falcon / Hawk… It’s still a bird…

Illawarra / Newcastle… It’s still near Sydney

:grinning:

2 Likes

I noticed that as well when I was at mum and dad’s over Christmas.

1 Like

When I was a serious Sydney Kings fan many years back I would sometimes go to away games in Wollongong, Newcastle and Canberra. I actually don’t see the problem with advertising NSW NBL teams in other areas of NSW.

1 Like

That has got to be the lamest reason to become a Hawks supporter. I’m a old Falcons/Pirates supporter and I became a Kings member.

Next we’ll see Dragons membership ads in Knights territory. The ultimate sin.

It’s just weird. Especially as WIN doesn’t air NBL.

4 Likes

New Years ID:

7 Likes

Saw this one last week and managed to record last night, the odd 2 minute long WIN Project promo

2 Likes

Which I have just seen on WIN Newcastle.

1 Like

This is actually pretty good, bar the hideous win network logo.

2 Likes

Recorded another one of the terrible in house WIN generic promos, used for covering up 10 signposts and billboards, this one is for Law & Order SVU

and finally got around to getting the Dancing with the stars promo with glitterball WIN logo

5 Likes

Getting a dirty feed on WIN at the moment, is that unusual for a Sat night? No cover up either!

2 Likes

Work Experience Kids on Duty on the Weekend! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Me thinks Brucey is back in Aust, because to me mappy is much bigger again :cry:

2 Likes

Mappy is still the same size in regional SA.

1 Like