Nine (WIN)

opps i meant the map my bad lol

i love the current water mark win is using at the moment:) hope win never goes out of recovery mode lol

Each to their own, but I personally think it looks horrible.

If WIN really want a map of Australia as part of their logo displayed in the corner of the screen, surely they can at least make it transparent?! :confused:

I don’t, because that would mean no more HD content on Ten (at least until their back-up playout systems have been upgraded anyway).

1 Like

WIN’s mappy watermark was transparent back when it was a Nine affiliate a few years ago, don’t understand why it has to be solid blue with Ten.

6 Likes

What can’t they just have a grey transparent WIN, or even better just a flash of a solid WIN after the commercial break that dissolves into the regular 10 watermark.

6 Likes

As I believe @WAtvVideos pointed out when the blue blob was originally launched in December 2016, there could be a number of understandable reasons why WIN want the map of Australia to be part of their branding. Maybe it creates a more local feel to the regional network, or reasonates well with “country Aussie battler” viewers & advertisers.

If the “map of Australia” logo was implimented consistently in the On-Air Presentation of WIN with it being a transparent logo in the corner of the screen during programs, I suspect more people on Media Spy would accept that element as part of WIN’s branding.

9 Likes

I agree, the mish mash of different logos is as big an issue as the intrusiveness of the previous blue “Mappy” logo (the newer one isn’t as bad).

2 Likes

images%20(43)

5 Likes

what about a really light watermark across the entire screen so you can still see the program, but if you look closely, you can see mappy - much like some businesses have their logo as a watermark on a printed page

2 Likes

Please don’t let that happen.

4 Likes

It’s unlikely… I think its way too advanced from a technological perspective for the management and production teams at WIN

1 Like

And a viewers’ nightmare

1 Like

The mappy WIN logo wouldn’t look so bad if it wasn’t geographically perfect. It needs to look like a proper logo. It looks cheap and tacky.

The Thoracic Society has a map of Australia that looks like a W - that would fit so much nicer than what they have now

https://www.thoracic.org.au/

6 Likes

Agreed rounded edges.

Remembrance Day Ident:

6 Likes

Great initiative by WIN. Very thoughtfully produced.

1 Like

That’s actually really good.

Having said that, WIN’s simple special event idents have form. Weren’t the Christmas ones okay (from memory)?

1 Like

#thankyouforyourservice is a News Corp campaign where Virgin Australia learnt very quickly we’re not America.

3 Likes

This logo transparent watermark is reminiscent to the one in 2011 with WIN Network being affiliated with the Nine Network.

3 Likes

Interesting combo at McDonald Jones Stadium…

6 Likes