Nine (WIN)

Will we be able to see the player numbers or will they be obscured by mappy?

4 Likes

Sky News on WIN Dragons!

WIN’s WINning Dragons!

1 Like

St George WIN Dragons

WIN have only brought out the Steelers stake in the Dragons - not taken the entire club private. St. George Leagues still owns 50%.

2 Likes

only a matter of time.

St George League club can’t continue to fund the Dragons football club., have you been to the Dragons club recently?

It’s falling apart, massive money needed to renovate and they simply don’t have enough to do both.

The Dragons should have no problem staying under the salary cap. Bruce will sack most of the players and have Geoff Phillips, Bruce Roberts, Lincoln Humphries and Chris Polzott fill key positions. He’ll have them out training on the grounds of WIN Television HQ at Mt St Thomas before and after their news reading duties.

Scorch the Dragon will be replaced by Mappy the giant foam map of Australia who’ll run up and down the sidelines obscuring the spectator’s view of the game.

20 Likes

St George should’ve merged with the Sharks back in the late 90s, and left the Steelers alone to ensure a better geographical spread. I suspect the only reason why the two merged, aside from the rationalization of teams, is because the Steelers were broke and were going to die post 1999. St George got to keep its identity, and get access to the Gong and south coast.

I can’t see Bruce buying the rest of the Dragons. This has been talked about for ages - they’ve only just pulled the trigger.

1 Like

Nah. If they were to get 100% control (which they haven’t - a friendly reminder), I could see the Dragons moved South to Wollongong full time.

as I said its only a matter of time.

This is the first genuinely amusing crack about Mappy I’ve ever seen on this forum. Kudos.

11 Likes

That hurts. :frowning:

2 Likes

St George Illawarra Mappys

3 Likes

St George Illawarra WINners.

I feel dirty saying that.

1 Like

not%20clean

4 Likes

26 Likes

Good job! That’s exactly what I imagined when the thought popped into my head .:clap::clap:

3 Likes

I don’t normally swear on this forum, but as a rabid Sharks supporter with one blue eye, one white eye and one black eye, my only response to that is:

No F***ING WAY JOSE!!!

2 Likes

when was that again? from memory was it not in 1996? or was it after Super Crap war?

I seem to recall the Rooters wanted desperately to merge with the Dragons but that was 1994 (wow that was 24 years ago).

From memory (no research) the talk was:

Sharks / Rabbithos
Dragons / Roosters
Bulldogs / Magpies and Tigers

But that could of been 1998 during the 1st year of NRL.

The biggest shit stain on Rugby League was the merger of the Bears and Sea Eagles, that was just plain awful.

That WIN mascot, GD!

1 Like

If sense ever comes and St George and Cronulla ever merge, we here at the Newcastle Knights will welcome you with open arms. :wink: