Nine (WIN)

I’m getting that loop here in Launceston on what’s supposed to be the Sky News on WIN channel, but it seems it’s moved to channel 801 and the Sky News placeholder was replaced by this loop. The same loop appears on GOLD with the WIN GOLD logo.

In Queensland it is
8 WIN MPEG2 3.7 Mbps
80 WIN HD MPEG4 5.7 Mbps
81 ONE MPEG2 3.9 Mbps
82 Eleven MPEG2 3.1 Mbps
83 Sky News MPEG4 635kbps
84 TVSN MPEG2 1.87 Mbps
85 GOLD MPEG4 750kbps

83 looks like this (incl black bars):

85 Gold:

3 Likes

Foxtel gets uhd hevc 2160p while regional Australia gets mpeg2 576i …Only WIN In 2018 can do something like that.

Nothing has changed in Canberra. Same as during the past week. This morning:

It changed back again late last night, not sure how long it was but I saw the loop thing on 83 after these posts but then it changed back again an hour or two later to Sky News.

for those playing along at home this picture is over 10 years old.

No Quay, three somewhat major skyscrapers haven’t been constructed (Brookfield place one and two & the Justice tower).

Brings back nostalgia but should really update the loop soon, ofc it’s win so they won’t and in 10 years they’ll somehow still have this same loop (yes, I’m implying like that old, somewhat evil person, they’ll somehow still be kicking around)

3 Likes

It looks like the same loop we got in July 2016. You think they would have updated it after the exposure it got back then.

Business Directory:

1 Like

Since Sky News on Win had crashed 3 day ago this is the picture quality like in North West Victoria before this it was perfect like other regions. This is through my Fetch Mini but also picture is the same when watching directly via TV and all other Win Network channels are normal

4 Likes

looks like WIN will take control of St George Illawarra Dragons and make the club fully private.

1 Like

The negotiations have taken three years!

1 Like

Is that official or speculation?

1 Like

Is Paul McGregor going to coach all the games from a green screen in Wollongong now?

3 Likes

“The St George-Illawarra Dragons, the best rugby league team in the country”.

1 Like

WIN All Australian Dragons

11 Likes

Knowing how the news service for the region is branded/promoted as even though anywhere South of Nowra is rarely mentioned outside of the weather forecast…

“The Illawarra, South Coast and Southern Highlands Dragons”

OK, I’ve had my turn! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

bruces son is going to take over as ceo of the dragons

Bruce Gordon Dragons??? No that might be too much of a risk to personal relations lol

1 Like

No. He will be Chairman. Andrew Gordon has a full-time job as executive chairman of WIN.

Prepare for WIN’s All Dragon News.

2 Likes