Nine (WIN)

They could be assuming that people are already watching WIN HD.

1 Like

Sky News on WIN will be in about 4.5 million homes.

Sky News (via Foxtel) is in about 5.5 million Homes.

This should almost double Sky News viewership

to 14 and a disabled cat that can’t move off the lounge.

2 Likes

The real question is how many of the 5.5 million are in regional Australia with access to WIN already. I wouldn’t say double. And I wouldn’t say all 5.5 million homes with access to Sky via Foxtel would be watching this shit.

1 Like

good point

It has the highest ratings of any pay channel / platform other than Sports

Not so - Fox8, Lifestlye Channel, Premiere Movies and TVH!TS all rate higher (these also have +2 channels that push them even further ahead of Sky News).

1 Like

Yeayou’re right. But it’s a top 5 rated network.

Have to agree… I rarely watch Foxtel myself - if I do watch Sky News, its because ABC News (Channel 24) has more of current affairs style program on it when I am looking for news content. I don’t know how well it might go - it predict it would pick up no more than 900,000 extra set of eyes (around 20 per cent of the WIN viewership). I wonder if this deal with affect Foxtel subscriptions at all - after all we all know how people really BOLT to SKY News and the joyous unbiased presenters on Foxtel (Peta Credlin, Alan Jones and this Andrew guy whos surname alludes me) lmfao

1 Like

I wonder how WIN will up the picture quality of SNOW it looks pretty bad at the moment

Was watching Ambulance tonight, and WIN completely fucked up.

The signal went all weird/blocky, then the programme froze, then the last 5-10 seconds would repeat again. Happened about 3 times in a row then it was back to normal.

Very odd!!

How WIN fixed it.

3 Likes

Another promo for SNOW, airing on WIN:

Paul Murray message now airing in between the loop, alongside Bolt and Jones:

The loop has been slightly modified, inserting a promo for Heads Up and removing The Adam Giles Show:

Original:

2 Likes

Win’s :heart:

1 Like

More messages:

1 Like

Sky News on WIN placeholder has finally shown up in WA. It has replaced Gold.

Paul Murray: “I’m not about TV fakery”. He doesn’t believe most of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. It’s an act.

1 Like

Interesting loop on channel 83 at the moment, quality is appalling,

4 Likes

Same loop on Gold, this is interesting I wonder if we are losing Gold to make way?

I believe it was said in one of the news reports that viewers will need to retune for Sky News on WIN, so is it possible that GOLD will be axed in favour of allocating that bandwidth to SNoW which would allow for the channel to be shown in MPEG2?