Nine (WIN)

I suspect the answer to this question is obvious, but will “Sky News on WIN” be an MPEG4 channel or is it going to be MPEG2 for maximum reach?

Most likely MPEG4 as my ancient MPEG2 decoder only has audio for LCN 83

On the Strong MPEG4 decoder no issues with vision and audio.

1 Like

Sky on WIN and GOLD current running MPEG4. Audio is MPEG1.

1 Like

unfortunately all states who has win will and WA Regional will get it

Still nothing in SA as well.

1 Like

This is an argument they will more than likely use. As it is, Bruce Gordon has tried using the proximity to Sydney argument in the past

From the odd clip or two I’ve seen of his programme that’s how he presents. I believe it’s a put on, make his simple followers fill the pauses with their own rabid thoughts.

1 Like

Bolt’s pauses on radio are more natural, though there are more ums and uhs.

Last Thursday on 2GB with Steve Price. Bolt starts about 4:30 in.

Anyone having issues with Wins EPG? Since I found my new channel, I get the EPG when I go into the guide but nothing whilst I’m flicking channels (which is new but only happening on Win channels).

Slides:

When will the neo-nazis program be airing? They might as well promote that as well. Will that appeal to the heartland?

1 Like

Promo on WIN:

2 Likes

So is it essentially going to be a live stream of Sky News on WIN or will there be break out local programming for the WIN audience?

Most shows are simulcast from Sky News, plus blocks of Fox Sports News.

‘Headline News’ is simulcast on Sky News Weather. WIN’s All Australian News gets a run here too.

Another competition:

1 Like

I wonder how long the slide promoting The Adam Giles Show will remain in the loop, after it was suspended due to the fallout surrounding a certain interview on the most recent episode…

1 Like

indeed

1 Like

There was a mention on WIN News tonight:

2 Likes

That no new equipment line is misleading, unless they are planning a late swap to MPEG2.

1 Like

well it was mentioned a re-scan would be needed, the same issue happened when 7Flix was switched from MPEG4 to MPEG2, remember older MPEG2 decoders might not have ability to pick up PID changes in the stream.

which is what they will probably do so that leaves WIN with the following mux (note excluding Norther NSW LCN) minus the duplicate LCN

LCN 08 - WIN (MPEG2 SD)
LCN 80 - WIN HD (MPEG4)
LCN 81 - WIN ONE (MPEG2 SD)
LCN 82 - WIN ELEVEN (MPEG2 SD)
LCN 83 - SNOW (Sky News on WIN - at present MPEG4 SD could be switched to MPEG2 SD)
LCN 84 - TVSN (MPEG2 SD)
LCN 85 - WIN GOLD (MPEG4 SD)

1 Like