Nine (WIN)

Will be interesting to see if SC carry this?

From my experience Wollongong digital television gets into large areas Sydney far better analogue television did.

1 Like

Old Man Rupert would rather you buy Foxtel for that though …

Promo loop:

4 Likes

Not potentially, it can be done quite easily right now in many regions of Sydney.

Good loop music.

their employees are a clever bunch.

4 Likes

One thing which will be rather interesting to see (that if I’m not mistaken, hasn’t been mentioned on the forums yet) is whether or not “Sky News on WIN” gets included in the ratings since all RegionalTAM markets are markets that receive the WIN Network these days.

I think the plan was to rebrand the current Sky News Business channel as “Your Money” which would be rebroadcast via Nine?

Presuming the plans for “Your Money” are still going ahead (haven’t heard much about it for a while, and with the Nine/Fairfax merger…), Northern NSW could be a rather interesting situation with it being a market that includes both the Nine and WIN Networks! Anyway, this is going off topic so I’ll leave it there.

I don’t really see a problem with what Win is doing, Ten has had every opportunity to launch another multi channel and have failed to do anything in that space WIN has seen a opportunity which is not another advertorial datacast channel . You choose to watch it or not. Its not affecting anyone as WIN main channel is still showing the same content apart from a few hours in the morning when Ten is showing encores.

Saying that the problem I have is this channel is going to under deliver on what what promise its rebroadcasting Foxtel for 80-90% of the time which have little focus on regional Australia, Headline News which was designed for regional focus currently only does read outs of regional papers with the majority of them being the same newscorp owned papers

3 Likes

Messages from Bolt and Jones:

1 Like

It’ll be fascinating to see how this works and what news content will make it onto Headline News with Jaynie Seal. I can’t see Seven, Nine and their affiliate partners being happy to see their news reports turn up on a free to air competitor’s service. I imagine the majority of the show will consist of the presenter just regurgitating content from the pages of News Corp publications.

5 Likes

Wow the awkward pauses by Bolt.

The ‘messages’ are horrible. Going to sprout their hate to regional viewers thanks to Gordon’s stupid arrogance to f**k up Ten along with Murdoch.

10 Likes

@blackbox is head of video at News Corp. I wonder if some of his work will end up on this channel.

2 Likes

Ohh those promos are horrendous. 2 mins of dribble. Even those promos are right wing.

1 Like

They’ll have to if the channel is going to show content that the various quotas rely on

1 Like

That’s okay, they can timeshift Today on GO! during the day. Problem solved.

Got to make sure Old Man has his pupet PM for his idiot sons to blackmail.

Surely they wouldn’t do that…oh hang on… won’t someone please think of the children?

Current bit rates (in Queensland)

8 WIN 3.34
80 WIN HD 5.08
81 ONE 3.82
82 Eleven 2.72
83 Sky News on WIN 1.38
84 TVSN 1.87
85 Gold 1.05

1 Like

Still nothing in WA. Hope it stays that way!