Nine (WIN)

Why does it have to be “re-broadcast” on WIN? It is a repeat.

Late weeknights on WIN and a re-run on SNOW is sufficient.

The only reason it is rerun now on WIN weekday mornings is because they had nothing better.

I was stating that most content seems to be live rather than timeshifed, originally I thought Win was going repeating last night Paul Murray live at 10am.

[quote=“Moe, post:5030, topic:55”]
I wonder if Overnights will just be a rolling loop of local WIN News bulletins
[/quote] I was thinking the same thing, I am surprised that All Australian News gets repeated so much across the Win Network but your 30 minute local news gets no repeats.

1 Like

I made it he means the country is so concentrated that the conversation is always around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and anything else is “Other”. It is about now catering to the 8 million people not really catered for in WIN’s broadcast footprint.

1 Like

no i think he means thats that the media only thinks of the capitals and doesn’t care about regional australia as a whole .ie doesnt care about what regional australia listens to or watch

Which is exactly what I said?

3 Likes

My point was his sentence didn’t make any sense. You shouldn’t have to try to decipher what he meant.

And now we know what News Corp had planned for TEN if they took over last year.

Guaranteed this is exactly what would have been launched around the country.

8 Likes

Good riddance, shame to all the WIN viewers though.

1 Like

*There

1 Like

I’m sure SNOW will be just as enthralling to watch as actual analogue snow
:crazy_face:

when i was in either wa or NT they had a few channels showing win news from different states ballarat bendigo, etc

Just a thought: Skynews currently operates under the Subscription TV industry code of practice, but Win will be airing it as Free to air, under the commercial television code of practice. Does anyone know any difference between the two that might lead to problems that could put Win in breach?

I’m sure that would have been well look into and everything look at, I’m guessing TVSN would have been under the same kind of deal. But I do recall TVSN I could still view on my Foxtel/Austar after I had turn off my subscription, I recall it gave me a small laugh at the time.

Wondering what the FSN simulcast at 5pm means, given that FSN typically shows AFL/NRL Tonight in that slot.

That’s probably exactly what it means!

I don’t think it has to be re-broadcast on WIN, I just think that Bruce Gordon and Andrew Lancaster will be thinking that way.

I have to disagree here as when WIN was a Nine affiliate, WIN broadcast AAN on the main channel at midday and moved Ellen to 1pm followed by Extra and Alive and Cooking. I think it will be re-broadcast on WIN possibly at 5am like @SydneyCityTV suggested as they may see it as a better alternative than CBS This Morning as a lead-in

Other = not very important.

As long as the broadcast complies then with both applicable codes i don’t see the problem

Yes, because by running it again the next day it reduces the average cost per hour of broadcast. With SNOW, they won’t need to rebroadcast it on WIN. It is a perfect fit for SNOW. What was being achieved before will be achieved now.

CBS This Morning is premium content and I don’t think WIN are that stupid to remove it. They may run it elsewhere but I highly doubt it would be removed.

Exactly, Ten air The Talk and filler between 6-8.30am, in other words, nothing. The Talk would be right at home pushed to 11.