Nine (WIN)

Sky News on WIN has changed the channel name and is now using “Sky News on WIN”…
It must be close…

Early September apparently.

So it launches September 2nd but interesting is this snippet from Cairns Post:

Sky News anchor Jaynie Seal will also host the new breakfast program Headline News from 6am to 8.30am, which will be simulcast on Sky News on WIN, WIN’s main channel, Sky News Weather and Foxtel Channel 603.

8 Likes

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/foxtel-to-launch-24-hour-news-on-win/news-story/2adf8455e87d0d42dca63ab44558b3c8

1 Like

Which are one and the same

1 Like

Hand over some spectrum, get a free news breakfast show thrown in!

Out of all the deals Bruce has cut, this actually seems to be moderately positive. (If you’re willing to turn a blind eye to the nut jobs who will fill the airwaves at night…)

Will be interesting to see how this rates compared to Sunrise, Today and, most importantly, News Breakfast…

9 Likes

Are we sure he doesnt have the money or is he just playing his cards close to his chest and hoping to do to SWM what he planned to do with Ten… drive it into the ground and get it at a bargain basement price.

Only Prime Media probbaly doesnt have the money, if I was SWM I would be looking at offloading regional channel Seven QLD to Prime Media.

If WIN will look at dumping its 6:00am to 8:30am in favour of a simulcast of Sky News Breakfast show each weekday and 6am til 9am on the weekend… Where does this leave AAN… - perhaps at 5:00am and dump CBS This Morning?

I wonder if Ten will at some point follow suit

So where will All Australian News be re-broadcast on WIN???

Knowing what Ten currently airs between 6am and 8.30am, I guess WIN opting out of that for “Headline News” from Sky isn’t any major loss at the moment.

But if/when Ten decides to re-enter the breakfast TV market by producing their own program for that timeslot at some point in the future (although unlikely at the moment one can never say never, especially with the backing of CBS), things could get very interesting!

2 Likes

It’s already repeated on WIN One and WIN Eleven. But I’m sure WIN could slip it in somewhere else.

I could see Bruce (and the rest of the Gordon clan) being arrogant enough to move the Ten production to One and airing the 2 hours of infomercials occupying 6am to 8am to either side of it.

As it is, Bruce and Andrew Lancaster will be looking for a new time for WIN’s AAN encore

1 Like

Could in Bruce Gordon’s language is would or will repeat it

1 Like

Paul Murray has no clue.

It’s been on-air on Foxtel since the beginning of July.

https://twitter.com/jaynieseal/status/1013513555746828288?s=19

Other what? That sentence doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I suppose the All Australian News rerun could move to 5am if WIN really want to continue it.

But aside from that, I suspect the bulletin will have at least one or two reruns on the new “Sky News on WIN” channel.

There was a schedule in this article: https://www.qt.com.au/news/more-screen-time-for-paul-murray-and-the-sky-news-/3484129/

Sky News Weather (Every day live at 5am)
FOX SPORTS News (Every day at live 5:30am. Rolling coverage all day Saturday. From 5:30am - 8am Sundays)
Headline News with Jaynie Seal (Weekdays live at 6am)
AM Agenda with Kieran Gilbert (Weekdays live at 8:30am)
Live Now (Weekdays live at 10am)
All Australian News (Weekdays at 11am)
FOX SPORTS News (Every day live at 12pm)
SPEERS with David Speers (Monday - Thursday live at 4pm)
The Friday Show with Rita Panahi (Fridays live at 4pm)
FOX SPORTS News (Monday- Saturday live coverage from 5pm)
Credlin with Peta Credlin (Weeknights live at 6pm)
The Bolt Report with Andrew Bolt (Weeknights live at 7pm)
Outsiders with Ross Cameron and Rowan Dean (Mondays and Thursdays live at 8pm, Sundays live at 9am)
Jones & Co with Alan Jones and Peta Credlin (Tuesdays live at 8pm)
Richo with Graham Richardson (Wednesdays live at 8pm)
Paul Murray LIVE with Paul Murray (Weeknights live at 9pm - 10pm)
SPEERS on Sunday with David Speers (Sundays live at 8am)
Mundine Means Business (Sundays at 5pm)
The Adam Giles Show with Adam Giles (Sundays live at 6pm)
Kenny on Sunday with Chris Kenny (Sundays live at 7pm)

4 Likes

Looking forward to multiple complaints to ACMA about the content on Bolt, Murray, Jones, Richo and Cameron & Dean.

4 Likes

Their is still a few holes in the schedule but that gives us a decent idea how the station will be programmed, so its practically all live coverage from Sky News National with a few hours of Sky Weather in the morning and a few blocks of Fox Sports News with FSN getting extended coverage on the weekends. I wonder how the overnight schedule will look, will they run Sky News UK overnight

Will be interesting to see how this is managed across time zones.
I assume Sky News On WIN will be live nationwide, leaving the main channel broadcast of this on delay?

It’s not really live coverage though - outside an hour of ‘Live Now’ - they won’t actually take any rolling coverage from Sky News Live - just their talking heads programming in the evening.

Most of the rolling coverage will seemingly be Fox Sports News simulcast. I wonder if Overnights will just be a rolling loop of local WIN News bulletins?

Weekday schedule would be:
6am - Headline News with Jaynie Seal [Weather]
8:30am - AM Agenda [Live]
9:30am - ???
10am - Live Now [Live]
11am - All Australian News [WIN]
Noon - Fox Sports News [FSN]
1pm - ??? (implied that FSN would continue to 4, but not stated)
4pm - Speers/Panahi [Live]
5pm - Fox Sports News [FSN]
6pm - Credlin [Live]
7pm - Bolt [Live]
8pm - Outsiders/Jones&Co/Richo [Live]
9pm - PM Live [Live]
10pm - ???