Nine (WIN)

Rebrand alert???

Australia is still using the old logo, the UK one was updated earlier this year.

Geez that “on WIN” box looks tacked on. Similar gradient, but no rounded corners.

1 Like

And the “Coming soon to this channel” text isn’t centred to the middle of the Sky News on WIN logo :frowning:

I don’t think the Sky News logo is centred either…

Hahaha. Yes.

Actually the “Coming soon” text is centred along the line where the Sky part of the logo meets the News portion. It’s also what the “On WIN” part is centred along.

WIN Eleven showing two episodes of Robotech: Macross Saga on Saturday night at 10:30pm, a 1985 USA anime television series. Up to episode 26 and 27 this week. Ten Eleven is showing Will & Grace.

2 Likes

Another Harmony Gold “delight”. :rofl:

1 Like

The Sky News slide has been modified slightly, compare before and after:

6 Likes

Apparently Days Of Our Lives has returned to 11 and 1pm weekdays and Young And The Restless moved back to 2pm in WIN TV regions… Maybe people didn’t like Days Of Our Lives backing onto Bold and the Beautiful

Anyone got any idea when this Sky News on WIN commences?

1 Like

Hopefully never! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There’s a copy of the Sky News On WIN Coming Soon Loop that is being broadcast on WIN Hobart from Mt Wellington.

2 Likes

Interesting you should say this, I would have thought another channel offering regardless of when it comes from would be good for free to air television, re the date it is expected to be around the first week of September

1 Like

Slide has changed again and with Sky News music now:

7 Likes

The tacky, dated and poorly executed gloss effect must mean this one was made by Sky!

2 Likes

Either that sound track is a sign of a rebrand or just blatant copy protection.

probably some cheap royalty-free music as background noise

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, it’s the music used for the TOTH countdowns on Sky News Live (or at least was when the main channel on Foxtel was “Sky News National” a few years back).

2 Likes

If I was WIN Television I would actually go a step further than SKY News on WIN - I would look at replacing Infomercials on the WIN main channel and screen news programs overnight (and possibly move the overnight infomercials on 11 - perhaps 3 hours and a half hours every night OR maybe 2 hours every day in the early morning and weekdays at 10am on One and 11am weekdays on 11 ).

Just an idea - which could work as cross promotion as well between WIN and Sky News channel

1 Like

Infomercials are there as a source of income. Unless Sky News is going to pay WIN for the airtime, which I highly doubt, then this won’t happen.

5 Likes