Nine (WIN)

In media coverage of legal action against a lawyer who allegedly stole around $10 million from Bruce Gordon’s private company Birketu, Gordon is a former billionaire who is estimated to now be worth only $600 million.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/win-television-mogul-bruce-gordon-hires-new-lawyer-to-recover-stolen-millions/news-story/3dda9960ab65a367b1e3ea0b316d40ad
(paywall)

1 Like

More 80’s crap coming from WIN’s library…

15 Likes

Looking at the first four weeks of official ratings, WIN came a poor fourth on the East Coast, in Tasmania and Reg WA. WIN did manage, by a whisker, to come third in Reg Qld ahead of the ABC. WIN did win some weeks in some areas in January with the Big Bash, but it’s been downhill since then.

6 Likes

I’m still amazed given their current ratings situation that they can still do all the news services they do.

3 Likes

We’re still number four! We’re still number four! Watching our ratings going through the floor!

25 years later and for a different network, it still works.

9 Likes

They once were WIN 4 too :slight_smile:

1 Like

As much as I may be howled down for saying this, but perhaps WIN needs to consider axing All Australian News - especially given it would probably deliver little, if any rating benefit, no rating benefit for those regions that do not have a half hour news service. Perhaps Bruce (Gordon) and Andrew (Lancaster) are hoping CBS will deliver some miracle to them. I am not saying that CBS won’t deliver what they are probably hoping for - I would assume CBS will be looking at all facets of the Ten Network, see where it can achieve efficiency savings (Sorry a bit off track, but back to my suggestion)

WIN could as an alternative to WIN All Australian News retain regular programs in the slots currently occupied by AAN during the day time hours but what they could do in the late night slots, air Ten programming as is until those overnight infomercials commence in Ten metro and possibly instead of airing infomercials straight away could as an example on Saturday night/Sunday morning (after 48 hours) WIN could instead of screening some of those interestingly programmed movies (on 11 and WIN main channel), they could air those movies/mini series at 12:30am til 2:30am then air infomercials - note that Nine only sometimes have a movie in this slot but usually not until 2am. On some of the other nights (say Sunday night/Monday morning and Thursday night/Friday morning and Friday night/Saturday morning) could air some Crawfords classics.

Just a suggestion, but possibly more const efficient for WIN than continuing to air AAN.

1 Like

I’d dare say airing AAN makes them look good when it comes to any sort of scrutiny over local content. The stories are already there, and they’ve centralised just about all production to Wollongong, so I’d dare wouldn’t cost them much more.

I’d love them to launch something in Northern NSW, especially in Newcastle. NBN/Nine/Channel 3/Channel 8 (whatever you call them this week) needs competition. Get some naming rights deals going with the Jets, especially as they are a club on the rise. :wink: NBN/Nine/3/8 is aligned so much with the Knights, you need to develop that as long as Ten/WIN are associated with the A-League.

I get what you’re saying, but hopefully CBS’s Australian bosses say something to Grandpa Bruce. Maybe something along the lines of…sell your Nine and Prime shares ASAP. :rofl:

1 Like

AAN would have to be one of the easiest programs for them to make though. The stories have already been produced for the previous evening’s bulletins, all they need is to repackage them with new studio segments, half the work is already done.

Not to mention that it’s a national edition that’s aired twice a day (two slots with one program), AND they can advertise it as “locally-produced”.

Texan accent, Bruce. Maybe you should ahhem, sell your prime and nine shares

I’m thinking more of an New York accent. Maybe a Fran Drescher voice. :rofl:

It airs twice on the main channel, then again at midday on 11 and at 1pm on One

Does it still air at 7AM on Eleven?

cbs might make bruce wake up and stop what hes doing and tow the line . they might even make bruce redo his affiliation contract with conditions . which i hope is to get rid of the shit stains win calls water marks and start following in tens footsteps instead of going inderpendent

1 Like

no, its airs on Win main channel around midnight weeknights and repeated at 7:30am weekdays

1 Like

God Nine must be relieved to be free of that affiliation…

6 Likes

Just question are WIN still producing Fishing Australia and Alive And Cooking?

Does anyone else see it pointless that WIN airs Family Feud : Sunday at 6pm on Sunday and Family Feud encore at 8am Saturday morning but Monday to Friday 6pm edition airs on 11 (WIN NEWS bulletin regions only) and no encore throughout the week?

You might have to write to Bruce Gordon asking him for an explanation.

2 Likes

Emphasis on the word “write”.
Bruce wouldn’t get anything other than snail mail.

1 Like

WIN still using an older Seven sponsor billboard on the South Australia Seven service:

Nine and WIN Billboards:

5 Likes