Nine (WIN)

House & Home?
41%5D

4 Likes

Now this is taking the piss out of the media ownership laws. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I know he’s probably buying just enough to keep him out of trouble re: being a significant owner of Prime and Nine, in addition to WIN.

1 Like

Promo loop modified again:

1 Like

but no dividends in Prime until further notice

Doesn’t bode well for regional TV when the network with the highest viewership and ad revenue can’t make a profit.

I am still confused at to why Bruce Gordon would invest so heavily in Prime Media, the only thing I can think of is to try and affect the Prime7/GWN affiliation deal with Seven and then try and have WIN take on the Seven affiliation.

If this is the case, it could backfire and lead more people to go to streaming services such as Netflix and catchup services offered by Seven, Nine etc

1 Like

WIN Wagga Wagga still has the HD text permanently on the screen (I last saw it like that at the end of January). It’s also separate to the map bug. Because there are now two HD bits on seen on screen [since the map was shrunk slightly] - the one permanently on screen and the one linked to the bug (that does come down when the map goes):

Before the map shrunk, the permanent HD bit was sitting on top of the one linked to the map.

6 Likes

Update… Seven West Media fail to declare a dividend. However, Nine Entertainment Company declare a 5 cent per share dividend. I am curious to see whether Southern Cross Media declare a dividend… Tomorrow SCA release half year results

I am just wondering whether Bruce Gordon will try and acquire the rights to U Soap General Hospital, especially given the fact that it was axed from Foxtel around the same time Nine axed Days Of Our Lives. Yes daytime soaps aren’t real money makers, but you would think with his international links, and the fact that General Hospital has no television home in Australia now, that its something he should consider. He could realistically establish WIN 11 as the home of soaps - If he moved AAN to say 11am weekdays he could start a schedule of Soaps with Neighbours (encore) at midday, followed by Bold And The Beautiful (encore), 1pm Days Of Our Lives, Young And The Restless at 2pm, followed by General Hospital at 2:50pm (and then the Alive And Kicking fill in could air at 3:50pm)

Win could then use the 2:30pm weekday timeslot permanently for Alive And Cooking instead of the Neighbours repeats on the Ten channel feed.

Just a thought, but then Bruce might not want to spend the money on more alternative programming

3 Likes

A glimpse of Ten’s love-heart watermark on WIN…

4 Likes

I was hoping the logo was sprouting wings and would be flying away.

10 Likes

This is good news. No more of this mappy watermark.

Disaster Recovery mode.

4 Likes

Happens every Wednesday between 12 and 3

1 Like

Feels like this topic comes up every week lol

17 Likes

And have they reverted back to the giant blue watermark of Australia?

Nope. They’re now using a silhouette of Bruce’s head instead of mappy.

18 Likes

Watermark?

I think that’s in HD. Not sure though, there’s nothing identifying it as HD! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

More like Brucemark