Nine (WIN)

a station with no purpose is something different??? go figure

perhaps they could use it for live local sporting events, local news and maybe some WIN/Crawfords productions… perhaps they could broadcast 8 hours a day, perhaps as a block from say 3pm til 11pm, weekdays airing a mix of WIN News bulletins (NSW/VIC/TAS/QLD) to a maximum of 5 editions, compliment them with All Australian News, Alive And Cooking as well as classic/older shows such as KTV, Good Sports or Saddle Club as well as The Sullivans, The Flying Doctors and Carsons Law (obviously depending on conditions of distribution rights

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is just a dream or something, but these sorts of ideas have to be profitable. I agree that anything is better than a slideshow but think about the behind-the-scenes stuff that would have to be done to produce it. If it’s not going to make them money they won’t do it. Gold, as shit as it is, makes them money. It prints money. Totally worth setting that up. A channel running Crawfords and variety/lifestyle shows that weren’t once household names and would age terribly?..

4 Likes

do people watch Gold???

i wouldn’t have thought so, with no published tv guide setting out a schedule…

Of course no one watches it. Companies pay WIN to air their infomercials regardless if anyone watches.

1 Like

i guess thats why we have 3am infomercials

Bruce Gordon has increased his effective ownership of Prime Media Group to almost 20%, and now owns around 23% of Nine Entertainment, both increases in shares being via cash-settled equity swaps.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/ma-talk-as-gordon-raids-prime/news-story/f093db3b2033787d14fac1c10643c07e

2 Likes

maybe he knows something about the cbs take over 10 that we dont know?

1 Like

Pay wall, Help! Even through the sneak Google Search way…

Cached AFR story on the Prime buy.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FiLCWAf48MQJ:www.afr.com/street-talk/bruce-gordon-increases-interest-in-prime-media-group-20180201-h0s3kz+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=ms-android-motorola

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, as this would put him in beach of media ownership laws in Victoria, New South Wales (north and south) and WA.

1 Like

It doesn’t as his voting power stays at the maximum 15%.

3 Likes

I drove past the WIN office in Lismore yesterday and noticed that they still have the Southern Cross Ten signage on the building. The WIN website states that they are still co-located with The Northern Star and 2LM/ZZZ FM. WIN doesn’t have any signage on its Coffs Harbour office. I’m not sure about the other locations in Northern NSW but I’m guessing it’s the same.

2 Likes

Last year when I saw the Taree office it still had the Ten branding (presumably put up by Southern Cross after July 2016 when the SC10 brand ceased to exist. Google maps shows photos with the SC10 logo).

In Tamworth, there is a mixture of WIN, Ten and SC10 brands:

Around the same time, I also went past the Newcastle office in Charlestown. I didn’t get any photos, but I also didn’t see any Television logos (it seems they are located in the same building as the radio stations). This is what it looks like on Google maps.

11 Likes

Ten was in the little building just to the side of that in Charlestown.

KO/Hit aren’t there anymore, we’re in gorgeous Honeysuckle, top floor. On this google map, the KO Studio 1 is right next to the big green “b” on the NIB building. We absolutely love the place.

5 Likes

WIN seem to be accidentally using the Project WIN logo but still animate the logo in full size at the moment.

6 Likes

Will have a great view of the two buildings that are proposed for construction across the road too!

That’s better. Now make it B&W and Transparent.

1 Like

To someone with common sense, the fact that they have to use a smaller logo for one of their network prime time programs should indicate that the regular watermark is too large/intrusive… :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

House & Home Directory:

3 Likes