Nine (WIN)

I suppose, it wasnt that long ago that they were still referring to WIN as Nine affiliate, even after the changeover… so as you pointed out maybe given them a few years to sort it out… and by that stage, if Bruce Gordon has his way, he may be the 7 affiliate in NSW, VIC, WA and Tas

The guides are a mess everywhere. I think HBB provide guides for most publications. Seven West Media’s regional newspapers in WA still don’t acknowledge the existence of Food Network and NITV!

2 Likes

dont u worry he might stil the 7 affiliate esp if the cbs ten on win ever goes belly up lol

It wouldn’t be the first time WIN was the Seven affiliate, in SA at least…

Something wrong at MediaHub.

Ad break on WIN is completely fucked up.
Some ads keep repeating the same audio over and over, then the screen freezes… then the audio/video go out of sync.

Problems stop as soon as we return to the programme.

EDIT: Issue has spread into Dr Phil now.

3 Likes

Does anyone find when trying onwatch a program on win, their eyes are just drawn to the big blue Australia?

2 Likes

Why do you think members have been discussing their hate for it for the last year?

10 Likes

Good point… I guess that was stupid of me. Why don’t the use the small blue circle instead, how they do when they advertise a ten program, oh wait, sorry, that stupid of me as well, I forgot that Bruce would hate that

I do like circle WIN logo, but I’d prefer nothing coloured at all as the watermark. What they had when they first changed to Ten affiliation was great.

12 Likes

Is the weather presenter on Melbourne en eyewitness news the old abc3 presenter?

Absolutely, it would be better if the watermark was transparent instead & WIN should get rid of the ugly green WIN One & purple WIN Eleven watermarks as well, don’t WIN realise it’s losing viewers because of this?

6 Likes

I don’t understand why when win took over ten why they even changed thos logos, before, they used to be the grey transparent ones, then win decided, or Bruce decided at least, to go and make the coloured permanently and add WIN. I understand the win for the first few months, when people would still be getting used to the new affiliation, but they should of got rid of win after that

1 Like

i think it was bruces idea for the 1st 6 months when win changed they just had a transparent win logo with the word win but transparent and after christmas it went to the blue stain it is today

No one knows for sure, but I think we can all agree it’s Bruce’s reaction to losing viewers and advertisers when he swapped from Nine to Ten affiliation. He would be worried about advertisers buying more air time from Prime and SCA, so he’s doing anything he can to make it clear which channels are WIN’s. What his viewers want is the least of his concerns.

5 Likes

The WIN EPG is drastically wrong as usual. I A C G M O O H has an EPG end time of 9:02pm, WIN hasn’t bothered to change it to the actual expected finish time.

Has or hasn’t?

Hasn’t. Sorry, spelling correction error.

1 Like

Cool, just wasn’t making much sense! Hope my recording’s alright… Guess we’ll find out when the wife watches it.

1 Like

I think Bruce’s problems come from the fact he has either a dislike for home shopping/advertising or been that hard to deal with, advertisers walk away from WIN

He will now learn the hard way since 10 play has all of there programing live