Nine (WIN)

Big Bash promo Queensland

More IDs:

1 Like

Too plain.

Needs to be like the 2015/2016 ones.

For the person who tried to post the WIN News Albury video from Facebook, here it is.

(I was able to get the link using Firefox on my Android mobile).

1 Like

WIN has slotted in a 10 min Alive and Cooking filler at 2:50pm after The Young & The Restless on Eleven. Is WIN having trouble selling commercials?

1 Like

IIRC from a while ago, Young & Restless only comes in at 37 minutes + 15 mins allowable non-program content =52 minutes. If DOOL is similar there’s a16 minute shortfall for the 2 hours and they can’t fiddle with the content either side as that’s fixed by the 10 Network. Let you in on a secret: No regional station sells all its airtime on the multi channels, and few metros. It’s all bonus and run-of-station package stuff. The shortfall could probably be filled more creatively, but then Nine used to run “9 Presents” in similar circumstances.

4 Likes

Correction: multichannel daytime is 16 minutes per hour, but you get the idea.

Not entirely true. A lot of the peak advertising on the multi channels is paid for as it offsets the cost of advertising on the main channels (helps with CPMs ie the cost per 1000 viewers when buying TVCs). A lot of the airtime outside of peak is used for bonus, makegoods, community service announcements and general filler though.

Nine infamously skipped ahead with DOOL and Y&R back in 2004, where they got to a point where they were only about 6 weeks behind the US after having been 5 years behind previously. Thanks to the cricket by the time the axe fell on DOOL in 2013 they had fallen behind again, airing episodes about 18 months behind the US. I wonder if Bruce picked up roughly where Nine left off…

Back to the good old days though with the 6 year delay!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe they could try something like Prime used to air years ago if they wanted to and air something like Infobreak International … i think Alive and Cooking is just a little better than Jazz Fitness, Jazzercise and Fitness Today…

1 Like

1 year ago today, this so-called “watermark” made it’s debut. :nauseated_face:

10 Likes

Meanwhile…

I will have to get the Media Spy Clickbait Unit onto this one.

1 Like

One year on and what are the results? Did it improve WIN and make it a more recognisable brand? More authoritative with its supply negotiations? Did it lure more advertisers? Do viewers feel it’s now more local? Has it cleared up confusion with what’s WIN and what’s Nine post-affiliation swap?

Or does Bruce just sleep a little better each night and that’s it?

13 Likes

The WIN HD logo inside the mappy watermark. The most unusual watermark that WIN has done. It takes about 1/7th of the screen.
How long will the WIN shit-stain annoyance continue on?

2 Likes

Two more IDs:

1 Like

The map now animates on with Christmas decorations:

8 Likes

If only there were one more step to that animation where it fades out to an actual watermark

5 Likes

How would WIN do a very strange animation of christmas theme ID followed by the mappy WIN screenstain? Who did this?