Nine (WIN)

Wh… What year is this? It’s 2017 right?

5 Likes

God this is horrible and a total waste of bandwidth

1 Like

A theory - they have this feed for the TVs that are in the WIN HQ lobby, and so they just decided ‘what the hell’ and put it on air.

8 Likes

My favourite part of the loop was this “blink and you’ll miss it” moment:

Aside from that, very poorly produced and a waste of bandwidth IMO. If people really want to know what’s coming up on the WIN Network, there’s plenty of TV guides around that can tell you!

6 Likes

It’s like an info channel at a hotel that has the restaurant times and local tourist information, but this WIN channel is far less useful.

7 Likes

Watching WIN die a slow and painful death is both entertaining and troubling.

Maybe this is just a placeholder for Gold 2 or something?

6 Likes

The channel summary screen is still airing on Ch 53 here in Northern NSW. No loop here.

1 Like

Are WIN just trying to re-assemble their glory days as a Nine affiliate?

Here’s a 2005 guide from @TelevisionAU - and you could basically re-create the entire daytime schedule with programming either from Ten now, or from what they are now showing on Eleven -

12:00 - Dr Phil
1pm - Days Of Our Lives
2pm - The Young And The Restless
3pm - Entertainment Tonight

5 Likes

A ‘Tourist Information’ channel would be good based on each feed.

Neither exist in regional WA.

Or on the SA feeds

Not in Bruce’s Bermuda it’s not!

3 Likes

So I just tried to add a post to the WIN News Tasmania page… you know, since WIN don’t have their own page themselves and others can seem to post however I apparently don’t have the required permissions to post. Have they blocked me somehow because I gave them a hard time over 9Life on TDT?

Anyway, since they don’t like to hear things, I was querying why when I do a rescan now I only get WIN (SD) and One, no Eleven, WIN HD, Gold etc… happened not long after the HD watermark appeared. The channels went strange, I did a rescan and it’s lost them. Antenna is fine, multiple boxes, TV which didn’t need a rescan is fine but apparently it’s happened at my parents too. Was wanting to get it sorted now that Big Bash has started. Thought it was my Fetch box so I factory reset it yesterday and lost all my recordings… turns out it’s not the Fetch.

It was a great reliable schedule that actually fit the demographics at that time of day unlike a lot of filler that airs these days (Judge Judy excepted).

I might update my daytime schedule and re-publish in the mock thread soon.

One comment though, programs should be referred to as “WIN’s NCIS” rather than “NCIS on WIN”. Always hated that with promotions across the networks. Take ownership you idiots.

Plans for world domination have hit a recent snag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

What is with the WIN acronym and maps?!

5 Likes

I just did a search of IP Australia, and I find it fascinating that they’ve got a whole load of stuff trademarked but haven’t bothered to trademark old mappy.

1 Like

The Days of Our Lives episode currently on WIN appears to be six years old. I Googled the storyline about Kate offering Sami a job at Countess Wilhelmina Cosmetics with double the salary and it appears to have aired in the US on 21 December 2011.

I was under the impression Nine was airing relatively up to date episodes when they axed the show in April 2013. I’m thinking WIN will be airing episodes they would’ve broadcast already through their affiliation agreement with Nine for many months to come.

Meanwhile, Foxtel is airing episodes “express from the US”.

2 Likes

its old alright beau bradys not on days now after his character got killed off yep. year 2011

In the best of soapie traditions Bruce Gordon has resurrected Katherine Chancellor. These Y&R episodes are the same vintage as the DOOL ones. Diane Jenkins murder and the investigation played out in late 2011/early 2012. At least these won’t have aired on WIN before.