Nine (WIN)

Looks like Nine and Seven will have a good night!

9 Likes

That’s typical WIN logic. When they were affiliated with Nine, we only ever saw WIN GO! and WIN GEM during programming. They were never used on anything else like custom promos, voiceover work or even their delusional wank-fest self-promotions.

6 Likes

Maybe Bruce is a big fan of urbanisation and hopes to speed up the process by making regional television intolerable?

2 Likes

I can tell you that this ‘WIN upfronts’ mock I did last month has done the rounds at WIN in Wollongong and a majority of the sales and production staff who saw it were convinced the lineup was real. A few were even convinced graphics had made 2 spelling errors (Gogglebox and Alive and Cooking) and notified them of the error.
There was never a disclaimer it was a mock because I didn’t think anyone would actually believe (especially the employees) that WIN would dump shows like Bachelor in Paradise, for Fortress and Homicide. Sadly it just goes to show anything really is possible at WIN in 2018.

14 Likes

Why is WIN scheduling breakaway programming on 11?

(serious question)

They’re doing it mostly on saturday nights so I imagine it’s to try and improve on Ten’s usually woeful Saturday night ratings. I can’t see that working though based on the content they are opting out with.

2 Likes

WIN signage in Newcastle.

5 Likes

No mention of “The Blue Blob” - it’s big enough now that it should be classed as a program in it’s own right?

And no mention of the programming excellence on GOLD or WIN Network Channel 53/83?

There’s only so much space on a advertising hoarding. Mind you, they also run a ad on the big screens (they got a second one ex-Parra Stadium…thanks Gladys :roll_eyes:) and sponsor a player.

2 Likes

More breakaway programming coming to WIN 11 from next Monday:

Bruce throwing more money away or does he have bigger plans to program the network independently?

5 Likes

Days of Our Lives & The Young and the Restless are just the sort of programs that Eleven’s target demographic would watch…not really.

2 Likes

You would think after losing a few hundred million on his investment on Ten that he wouldn’t want to pour more money down the drain. Ten wouldn’t be giving WIN a discount on the affiliation fees if WIN don’t use the supplied programs, would they?

4 Likes

I wonder how old those episodes will be.

2 Likes

I’m guessing from 1985? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I doubt it.

4 Likes

I recall in the early days of aggregation, one of the complaints from regional broadcasters was that they didn’t get a rebate if they opted to show a local program instead of what was provided on the feed.

I would say it’s highly unlikely that has changed today.

4 Likes

That’s why they’re normally so reluctant to do it. Bruce is just up to mischief :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting they are going to be showing Days of Our Lives and Young and the Restless. I can remember Nine showing them many years ago then they moved to Foxtel. Ten has always had The Bold and The Beautiful if I’m correct.

Summer billboard:

2 Likes

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Like my image of WIN is sitting at the Holiday House in a old room on an old TV with the Aircon on looking out the Window to see cars and People go past.

This has just ruined that…