Nine (WIN)

Watched WIN HD a little last night to check for any HD additions and can confirm we’ve definitely still got no HD add-on in North QLD for some reason.

On another note,
With TEN on recovery mode this morning, Studio 10 on WIN actually has the weather ticker shown for once.
Except, it’s not the normal QLD-based one that is shown on Ten Brisbane, it’s a “nationwide ticker” covering a lot of random places.

The locations include:
Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Devonport, Hobart, Adelaide, Cessnock, Coober Pedy, Perth, Geraldton, Carnarvon, Port Hedland, Alice Springs, Darwin.

1 Like

Cessnock? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I prefer Mitch Nock.

4 Likes

Yep, slotted in between Adelaide and Coober Pedy… I thought it was totally bizarre

1 Like

It’s taken them 17 months, but this afternoon, WIN has FINALLY added a “HD” to the WIN logo on WIN HD in North QLD.

2 Likes

The WIN HD logo is now also appearing in Albury/Wodonga.

1 Like

This helps highlight how Prime* is the only TV network to not have its main channel in HD.

Edit: * Plus other Seven regional affiliates

8 Likes

I am watching the Newcastle Supercars on WIN in Newcastle.

The strangest thing is happening.

TEN is playing a promo at the end of their program before they throw to a break with “coming up on TEN”…

Then TEN throws to a break and when WIN playout takes over it plays the exact same promo saying “Coming up on WIN”.

Every time the supercars goes to the break we see the exact same promo twice.

I think WIN attempted to manually switch to a break a few times so the “on ten” promo doesn’t play. So we catch about 1 second of the start of the promo then it goes to a WIN ad break. I think the timings ended up going out of whack so they now just let the Ten promo play before the WIN playout servers kick in for the ad breaks.

2 Likes

They also have an opaque watermark of Australia sitting on the top right corner of the screen. I think Bruce Gordon must be wasting some time with his designing of a mappy watermark to be used during the programs.

That’s entirely normal on WIN.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/dragons/dday-looms-for-dragons-fire-sale-to-win-corporation/news-story/84c319c78c62e01c34babce7a017c2bc?nk=5ac7e4ea66b8ba06b75620d687813345-1511604623

9 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m noticing some WIN signage trackside at the Newcastle 500. :checkered_flag:

1 Like

They also had some track signage at the Gold Coast 600 last month

1 Like

It’ll be funny if CBS decided to attempt to buy a sports team here to get an understanding of Rugby League… And they put a counter offer in for the Dragons. Obviously WIN probably own enough of a blocking stake though to prevent it from happening.

I guess Bruce needs a consultation prize.

1 Like

Speaking of HD watermark, it’s literally just appeared out of nowhere on the Riverland feed. First time it’s been seen since the affiliation swap

5 Likes

same in tas on the HD addon

well now they’ve got the HD watermark on the SD channel :thinking:

More quality programming from Bruce “They’ll Get What They’re Given” Gordon:

10 Likes

That’s odd that WIN is breaking away from network programming on TWO channels at 8:30 tonight, as Part 5 of “Shaka Zulu” is also airing on WIN.

I’m surprised there’s no purple WIN above the 11 logo there.

1 Like