Nine (WIN)

lol either stick to the round circle which is my prefence or the blue map and not both !!!

WIN is literally the ugly stepchild of Australian television.

6 Likes

Brb… catching my breath!

3 Likes

lol i edited it sorry gramar isnt my best fort ate

It’s available from all bad retailers.

OK, a little harsh. Maybe a few good retailers might stock it but you’ll have to search the “bargain bin” out back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

People wouldn’t even bother trying to sell it on a Facebook buy and sell group let alone a bargain bin at a shop!

2 Likes

Haha - might not have come across as such but was a joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really tried hard to watch it on Saturday night but I only lasted about 10 minutes before switching off - soooo boring. I have a feeling many of WIN’s viewers feel the same way upon watching it. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Same. I mean obviously the show has its merits, it’s just such a terrible fit for TEN. I get that WIN has a great archive of classics that would still have an audience out there, but surely their program buying in times like these can reach beyond the classics genre. There has to be a truck load of content WIN could buy that was made at least after 2000.

Moe’s idea of resurrecting Gold as an actual classics channel is great. I think WIN really has an opportunity there because they have the content and they could do a deal with TEN/CBS to carry it in metro areas. But when it comes to meddling with the main channels, they really have no idea.

8 Likes

It’s available on Amazon, poor quality though. Is this where WIN sourced their copy!?!?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004D45NXI/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

1 Like

Yeah, agree with you. I’m certain that Bruce just programmes content that he loves watching and thinks that his viewers should too which is just completely idiotic.

On Gold, I thought there was talk years ago that they were going to turn the channel into a sort of mixture of classics with movies and TV shows? Obviously that never came to fruition as they still air infomercials and Alive and Cooking segments.

3 Likes

Nah, this came direct from Brucey’s archives. No doubt there’s plenty where that came from!

I wouldn’t put it past him if he doesn’t start airing some of his own classic Christmas movies from past decades in the next few weeks. He can also recycle last year’s Santa “where are my viewers” ident. Oh what joy that will be!! :tada::worried:

4 Likes

WIN is the dumb cousin you try to ignore on Facebook

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of fanedits.

Some old shows could become far better for “new” audiences with a little tightening up, and removal of the most dated parts (if the story still holds well). The timing of cuts has changed considerably… shorter dramatic pauses would be a good start.

Even removing the worst episodes of an old TV series “lifts” the rest of the series.

1 Like

I agree. WIN could also cease broadcasting the placeholder on LCN 83 and use the additional bandwidth to improve the picture quality of GOLD. Really, it’s strange that WIN hasn’t used the channel to it’s full potential, especially given it’s Crawfords Archive and the fact that it even produces “Christmas” idents for the channel! I actually made a mock schedule back in July of what a GOLD “classic” channel could look like

5 Likes

WIN not doing this shows they’re not serious about programming their own network, and that it’s just an affiliation negotiating ploy.

9 Likes

Currently not getting any sound on the WIN Network Channel (LCN 53 here in Newcastle).

Are other WIN regions on 53 or LCN 83 not getting sound either?

There is sound on LCN 83 in Western Victoria.

1 Like

Sounds like an improvement

4 Likes

Perhaps they could do a 9Life and have a 6hr schedule:

12am-12pm: repeat of previous 6hrs
12pm-12am: new schedule

An easy way to create a new channel, with half the effort.

Bruce Gordon will be getting excited that 83 is getting some viewers today. There would have been a Mediaspy induced viewer spike last week too when the picture failed and it was heavily discussed here.

Nothing else on? Annabel Crabb’s interview with The Australian today is worth listening to.

2 Likes