Nine (WIN)

CBS could put their watermark on the opposite side :slight_smile: and see what win does lol

3 Likes

If they do that they’ll still have to source or produce the required amount of Australian content and news for ACMA. Those sorts of decisions could be very, very costly for absolutely no gain and purely out of spite would really end up going badly. I would think Bruce has lost enough money already but with him, nothing surprises us.

Two watermarks… just imagine the slogans they can use “Our watermarks… now in stereo” or “From the left to the right of our country, this is WIN Territory!” although doing that they may as well cover all four corners.

1 Like

Now, to all the people in these forums who were aching for WIN to take over NRN from SCA, now do you see why I warned you months ago on these forums you would wish this horror on anyone. Be pleased the horror that is WIN and it’s amateur hour shanagans have arrived.
Hopefully CBS adopts US style networking protocols on WIN that would mean not obscuring a CBS bug if CBS owned TEN was to start watermarking the clean network feed with affiliates only being able to stamp their watermark on for a brief 15 second window after each break. And no reversioning of CBS TEN promos, and fine them for each time they pre-empt or breakaway from the network feed as occurs with affiliates in the US. One could only hope.

5 Likes

I’ve seen on several occasions the in-program transparent watermark being a [brand]+[channel no.]. Perhaps they would allow the WIN brand, but only synonymously with whatever brand they decide to use on Ten (e.g. WIN-10).

1 Like

on eleven and One when they advertise programs for 10 instead of the win logo they shows tens so if CBS did change the ten logo we’ll see it on 11 & one :slight_smile:

Caps of ‘Around The World in 80 Days’, and as expected it’s from a ‘video’ master and in 14:9 aspect:

6 Likes

No doubt. Best of luck to the old dinosaur with that. I’d imagine CBS will not put up with his bullshit for very long.

He would request it be buried with him too no doubt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Noticed no proper PRG was used either. Only the ‘PG’ logo appeared with the purple stain.

7 Likes

But then the map wouldn’t get any exposure. Bruce wouldn’t want that. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I missed the first ep, when can I find it on Tenplay? :joy:

5 Likes

There… Fixed it for you. :yum:

2 Likes

Does Ten have much choice? Do they have the option of putting one channel on a Prime or SC multichannel etc?

Or is SC and Prime contracted to not broadcast competitor channels?

I mean, WIN doesn’t have much choice either in that sense. They might show Sky News as a multichannel as was spoken about for their Ten buyout… etc…

I guess Ten could put themselves regionally on Foxtel, Telstra TV, Fetch and satellite, as well as online.

What are their options?

if bruce has another tempter temptrum like he did with 9 if cbs tell him how to operate his own channell then he could pull the plug intiley like what happned when he took 9 to court over there 9 live service and look what happned there hence why sc is having 9 and win haveing 10 so it could happen again but atm i dont think prime can have 10 as its a regional channell of 7 and i think contracted as such they only thing that could happen is that win either goes it alone or tries and negotiate with prime and buys out prime and become win 7 but dont think that would ever happen so i think bruce better pull his head in and dont think 10 is contracted to have 10 on foxtel in regional australia

Ten/CBS wouldn’t like to lose audience across the rest of the country but that only goes so far; WIN would be in deep trouble without a network affiliation, so sure Bruce can have another hissy fit, but even if WIN & CBS end up in court WIN won’t stop showing Ten channels until their affiliation agreement ends.

CBS getting Ten is a result of Bruce (& friends) pulling financial support from Ten, and I understand another result was old contracts are effectively unenforceable against Ten, so it may well be that there will have to be a new affiliation agreement signed after CBS take control of Ten.

I wouldn’t be surprised if CBS want to change the terms of the WIN affiliation agreement - possibly including to enforce more network branding (not just Ten Eyewitness News) and I hope to disallow the solid shit-stain coverups WIN are infamous for - and while Bruce will almost certainly drag his feet & again make nonsense claims about his own programming, the reality seems to be in the end WIN will have to sign what CBS offer.

Perhaps airing the separate content is WIN preparing to demand that they only pay CBS for Ten network programming they air instead of an overall revenue share (which includes ad revenue for WIN’s local news, etc.).

4 Likes

i can see why prime7 is regional australias number one channel .They dont have a shitty shit stain for a water logo and there logo is quite transparent.i do hope win does take cbs 10s content other wise it would be us regional australians who loose out and i m not to sure if bruce gets this or not, so i hope bruce dosent go kicking and screaming coz win tv isnt as good as what it could be… ie loose the shitting shit stains of a watermark .Then maybe win and 10 could be alot better off and wont loose as many people as they are now

and im sure once cbs knows what win does they will enforce change and make bruce loose the water marks or make them more transparent coz im sure cbs wouldnt invest all this money just for bruce to go and damage everything ands make cbs loose in regional areas

I don’t think so. The only contracts that would stop would be ones that Ten broke by not being able to pay. With the CBS deal the only contracts of significance that weren’t paid were to overseas program suppliers. So by being in administration Ten was able to break the contract with 20CFox without penalty. All contracts with Australian program suppliers for things like MasterChef as well as sporting contracts (Cricket Australia) will be paid so were not broken. And of course it is WIN that owes Ten money and Ten is upholding its side of the affiliate agreement by continuing to supply programs so it is not broken.

6 Likes

Bruce’s idea of a catch up service is a old blank TEAC VHS Tape.

Either that or a trip to Video Ezy circa 1991.
“I’m sorry sir, but this says your address is in Bermuda, we doubt you’ll return this new release by 6 PM”

4 Likes

Some examples of WIN’s watermarking troubles during Ten’s “recovery mode” :joy::

9 Likes

And this is why WIN should NOT be using coverups :wink::

11 Likes

looks like uncle bruce still thinks people are using 4:3 tv’s :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes