Nine (WIN)

Couldn’t remember if it was or Crawfords… let’s hope the rest is unlikely too though!

3 part mini-series of Around The World in 80 Days to be airing from Saturday 6.30pm on WIN Eleven.

4 Likes

all that Bermuda sunshine mustn’t be doing Bruce any good

5 Likes

I find it really hard to believe that the target demographic of Eleven would watch this… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

More “gold” from the WIN archives. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why can’t the actual on-screen watermark be that small?

5 Likes

Clearly this is a Bruce hissy fit because of the TEN/CBS merger! The old fossil should just retire…

6 Likes

Or maybe he (or his programmer) just wants to know what will be on the telly on Saturday night. Currently a sea of To be advised on Ten. Seems Win are taking advantage of Ten’s mess and giving their viewers some certainty over the coming weeks with these old mini series.

4 Likes

I fuckin hope they aren’t going to air it from what appears to be a VHS tape with a stretched aspect ratio, as is seen in that promo.

9 Likes

I honestly thought those caps were taken off a TV screen, but the Eleven logo convinced me otherwise…

4 Likes

Has Bruce been talking to the family of Geoff Stirling?

2 Likes

It’s WIN… of course it’ll be an old VHS Bruce has in his cupboard that’ll be stretched to shit

4 Likes

It’ll be aired from a tape format older than VHS… probably 2 inch quadruplex or 1 inch Type C. :wink:

2 Likes

Holding out for an invitation to WIN’s big upfronts presentation to be held at Television City Wollongong.

I’m anticipating a very swanky affair complete with fondue fountains, party pies, mini quiches, prawn cocktails, Jatz and cabanossi, Vienetta ice cream cake, Lindemann cask riesling, West Coast Coolers and Cinzano served with Soda Stream soft drink. Entertainment to be provided by Ugly Dave Gray and the Tony Bartuccio Dancers.

Highlights of the viewing year will be a reruns of All The Rivers Run, The Flying Doctors, North and South, The Thorn Birds, War and Remembrance, Return To Eden and Lonesome Dove. Absolutely nothing more recent than 1990. Bruce wouldn’t allow it.

20 Likes

I can’t wait for when shows like ALF & Out Of This World replace Sisters in the schedule

1 Like

I feel like I’m living in the '90s again. Promo updated to better represent how stale WIN really is.

So someone from WIN is obviously lurking here then.

10 Likes

WIN’s going all out 2007 now. Ad breaks during prime time are full of Shaka Zulu Part 2, Around the World in 80 Days and WIN Network promos.

10 Likes

With the Bermuda-inspired programming I’m almost surprised it won’t be on the main, HD channel :wink:

5 Likes

19 Likes

Well they did need to celebrate the 10th anniversary in some way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes