Nine (WIN)

That’s correct. According to my research via SMH, it premiered on Nine (at least in Sydney) on Sunday 3rd May 1987.

4 Likes

Hey its 2007 all over again, when will we see Suzie back on our screens! Plus will Bruce the dinosaur ever bow out gracefully! Nine must be having a good laugh thinking thank god!!

7 Likes

Get the YouTube playlist ready!

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, Nine Melbourne also had the same May 3-7 premiere run of Shaka Zulu as Nine Sydney did back in 1987.

You can’t help but think about the irony of WIN replacing Ten’s Saturday night programing for five weeks with a mini-series that premiered on Nine!

The last I checked, Susie Elelman still pops up on WIN from time to time…as a guest on Studio 10, of course! :wink:

LOL, probably.

1 Like

Anybody know when The Brady Bunch is coming back again? Haven’t seen that since the last big tantrum.

2 Likes

It will be very interesting to see what Bruce’s next move will be. Of course he won’t do anything to actually attract viewers, it will be so Ten loses somehow. The irony is it will all happen under the WIN brand and Ten’s reputation, to the viewer at least, won’t really be harmed.

4 Likes

Just watching the first few minutes on WIN WA. My god, how boring. This has no place on a Saturday night on TEN.

8 Likes

I noted that the WIN mini series ran the same length as ConAir on Ten so Man with a Plan that followed was in synch with the network

Did Bruce get the rights through his old Paramount connections? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also…found this bit of interesting reading about “the man from WIN” and his links to ex-Italian PM and geriatric creep Silivio Berlusconi. It does have a link to Shaka Zulu, as Harmony Gold USA did co-produce it.

2 Likes

True, maybe I need to find my local DVD stall

2 Likes

Exactly what WIN should be doing. Something different rather than the same crap every four months. New content really as I don’t think this has aired for over 20 years, maybe not since the premiere run 30 years ago.

From that afr.com article

“But what is less known is the role of a powerful yet low-key Australian media mogul”

That journalist obviously hasn’t seen any of Bruce’s beloved watermarks.
They are anything but low key.

2 Likes

What was the quality of the copy they aired, was it a 4:3 one inch tape copy?

It’s a restored copy

1 Like

They also made a promo for Part 2 after the credits.

8 Likes

Here’s hoping it is just as good as what the original was over a decade ago! Sure is a long wait between instalments. :joy:

Perhaps a marathon to air right over the top of Studio 10? Do it Bruce. Dare ya. :wink:

1 Like

One slight problem with that is … CBS owns The Brady Bunch.

1 Like

Oh yeah… oh well. He can just find something else instead! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Guess it’s going to be Sullivans then as the daytime drama and beginning weeknights, Homicide, Division 4 and Matlock. Afternoon programming to become Goodsports (as in the TV History thread), Skippy and Saddle Club.

Skippy is owned by Nine, so that’s unlikely.