Nine (WIN)

I’m in Sydney at the moment and I’ve noticed that the WIN Info Channel (if you can call it that) on Channel 83 from Knights Hill is showing just grey, white and blue on screen with no audio. Is this happening anywhere else?

1 Like

Same in Tasmania

2 Likes

And QLD:

4 Likes

At least three people are watching that channel.

4 Likes

Bruce takes watermarking to its next level.

4 Likes

It’s happening here in Victoria

1 Like

Same in Canberra. More entertaining than watching grass grow at least.

3 Likes

The audience is growing as the word spreads.

7 Likes

The regional ratings for that channel are going to go through the roof, RegionalTAM won’t know what to do when they see the figures!

6 Likes

Roughly yes. But NBN/Nine hasn’t sponsored the Jets in a while IMHO. SCA became the media partner last year, using the (S)Hit FM and SC10 stations. Either WIN inherited part of SCA’s contract, or (unlikely) it is part of Ten’s deal with the FFA.

1 Like

WIN’s attempt at trying to rectify Ten’s ordinary weekend scheduling and audience shares?

2 Likes

I can’t see a thirty year old television series being a smash hit.

3 Likes

WIN advertisement in the Newcastle Herald (4/11/17).

7 Likes

This Shaka Zulu shit has Bruce’s fingerprints all over it. What makes them think dusting off this 30 year old relic is going to win them viewers?

13 Likes

Prime has the right idea with relevant, locally-produced news specials as an alternative to affiliate programming. Bruce must think his viewers are stupid and will just lap up anything he throws at them.

6 Likes

Wait a minute. We’re looking at this all wrong. Of course it’s not going to rate - that’s the point! We’ve seen this before!

Welcome to WIN vs TEN.

11 Likes

Damn, I wanted to watch Con Air for the 30th time too

5 Likes

Serious question: Did the mini-series “Shaka Zulu” air on Australian TV around the time it was first made in the 1980s and if so, which network?

I personally don’t know how this will help them in the ratings either but hey, that’s WIN/Bruce Gordon for you!

1 Like

Such a stellar hit with veteran Nicolas Cage (Lord of War, National Treasure) would have been ruined with on-screen distractions anyway.

9 Likes

Pretty sure it was Nine

3 Likes