Nine (WIN)

Everytime I added the \ it removed it for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought from what I read (and watched), it was coming to a point where it was becoming difficult to operate till the 1991 relaunch. I wasn’t born yet, so I just go from what Information I can find.

:joy: Going back on my word already! My bad, I corrected that in the Ten Network Holdings Thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

There was a consideration towards reducing on-air hours such as shutting down overnight or mid-morning transmission but, like with a lot of things written about Ten at that time, it was just speculation. There was never any real possibility it was just going to go off altogether.

3 Likes

I think the only metro Network Ten station closing down overnight at that stage was ADS-10 Adelaide.

1 Like

Spot the Twitter Trend…

Screenshot_9

6 Likes

It’s currently a trend here in Sydney too. All the “Ch 8 or CH80” tweets are from WIN News Twitter accounts.

Even funnier than the time “#NBNNews” was a Twitter trend in Sydney! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Either WIN have done some sneaky stuff on Twitter, or Twitter Trends are just stuffed :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Another case where consolidated (national or even international) brands would’ve been better, as they would’ve provided relevant free-marketing for the respective network.

Looking forward to “#8 or 80, except when it’s 5 or 50, but otherwise don’t look at 5”

3 Likes

I’m assuming this is the NNSW market? Since there’s an unprecedented scenario there and WIN effectively have the 5xx and 8xx range of LCN’s and they’re simply redirectors (e.g. 2 and 21 are the same stream but accessible with 2 choices). Is it possible that WIN could transition the region to 8 but running simulatenous LCN’s on 5 and 8 for say 6 months. Ads can be run advising of the change but in the meantime both old and new “shortcuts” will work.

They don’t - 9NBN have the 8xx range

2 Likes

That’s right! Just testing you… as you were.

Sorry about that.

2 Likes

#9NewsAt6 was trending number 1 Aus-wide a few days ago

2 Likes

WIN’s Port Macquarie office. Very basic and no signage on the front of the building.

4 Likes

That WIN logo should be on size A1 paper! How disgraceful! Far too small! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, it represents what the size of the watermark should be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

What, no A0 plotter around?

2 Likes

All it would take is sixteen A4s, how hard can that be?!

They need to make sure that the viewer is 100% certain that the office belongs to WIN.

1 Like

Just saw a WIN Entertaining Australia ad air on Ten Taree a few moments ago. It had the coverage map and it included Northern NSW. I didn’t get a cap as I don’t have the means to do that at the moment. It didn’t say when it was launching but I would imagine those promos will air in due course.

5 Likes

Thou shalt switch from 8 to 80. Not 2, nor 20. Thou shalt not switch to 79, unless the number 80 hence proceedeth. 50 is right out."

My prediction is that it will still be Ten.