Nine (WIN)

Seems like double standards to me - more solid coverups.

The difference is, nearly all of those ^^ contain information relevant to the programme.

All of them are also only shown during the one scheduled programme, and all of the programs are designed and filmed with the knowledge that those logos are present in those locations.

WINs “mappy” solidmark provides no relevant information to the programme, is shown 24/7, and completely blocks part of the screen in an area that was never designed to be covered by the programmes playing underneath.

Big difference!

9 Likes

Looks like @TV.Cynic is a fan of mappy (or solid logos, etc. in-general) and I’d thought Bruce was the only one! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Unlike WIN’s godawful efforts during regular programing, the “watermarks” during Sport are positioned the way they are so that the original broadcaster is still acknowledged when the footage is used by rival networks on the news or other programing.

The bottom left logos on ACA, breakfast and mid-morning programs? I think they’re meant to be designed in a way that fits in with the other on-screen graphics (most notably the supers) and are positioned in the bottom left hand corner of the screen so they don’t intrude with a standard station watermark on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

4 Likes

Bruce… Is that you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I get that no-one likes the WIN map but how many times can the same thing be posted. It getting tiring and boring and there is nothing new that is being said.

While my posts have been a bit tongue in cheek it is worth expanding the stale conversation to include the proliferation of solid coverups across all networks. Just have a look at Nine as an example - from 3.30am (GMA) - midday all solid then Ellen has a solid w/m until 1pm then again from 3pm- 5pm then 6 - 7.30pm.

I can’t see that having a solid 9 News or ACA or Nine Extra in big boxes adds anything to the information provided to the viewer.

There’s no need to be insulting :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

True, the basic points are well known but until the problem goes away, it’s hard to ignore. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

the old Mappy was at least transparent. guessing the newer mappy transparent would show 10s logo it would look messy

2 Likes

Not at all. WIN get a clean feed from Ten, with the exception of when Ten goes into recovery mode on Wednesday - this is indicated on WIN as the watermark during this time changes from Mappy to the round Ten-esque version.

5 Likes

That shitmark will grow! Hurry up Bruce’s children, fix that ■■■■■■■■■ up!

2 Likes

I wish I had a bottle of this that I could send to WIN

19 Likes

Daryl Somers on Hey Hey jokingly used that on the 7 watermark … then sometime later Nine introduced their own watermark.

3 Likes

I am detecting here several cases of hyacinthocartophobia (phobia of blue maps).

I believe that the current aversion therapy recommended is long periods of exposure to the subject of the phobia.

6 Likes

When I’m watching Have You Been Paying Attention? and The Project I just ignore the blue watermark. I’ve gotten used to it.

2 Likes

I’ve tried ignoring this problem… but it hasn’t gone away.

4 Likes

I remember that!

And the time that Andrew Denton interviewed a Channel Seven personality (might have been John Wood from Blue Heelers ?) during the Logies and stuck a giant 7 logo on the TV cameras lens.

4 Likes

Your properly the only one that has gotten used it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That’s all I watch on WIN and I can’t say I notice the watermark either.

2 Likes

A story in The Australian earlier this month listed the board members of Bruce Gordon’s private holding company Birketu, of which he owns 100%. They are his Bermuda-based second wife Judith, Sydney-based son Andrew, London-based daughter Genevieve, Gordon’s long time North Sydney accountant Edwin Cowley, and Gordon himself who is also based in Bermuda. It’s all in the family there.

4 Likes

But of course none - not a single one - of them live within the broadcast area, so won’t be suffering with mappy & cohorts (the huge solid WIN one, WIN 11 shitstains), or the other ways in which the company is holding back…

(Like all ‘old media’, for lack of a better term,) the broadcast TV business is in trouble, but instead of moving with the times, trying to improve, instead do everything to accelerate the decline in viewership.

2 Likes