Nine (WIN)

shhh, don’t anger Bruce, he’ll make mappy bigger, or worse, replace all non-WIN-made programs with a mappy placeholder.

2 Likes

This just in from NRN!

10 Likes

The light-heartedness of the music contrasts nicely with the gleeful feelings of WIN that they get to impose mappy on NNSW; and the depression of viewers.

Isn’t that the old AFHV theme?

1 Like

It’s a piece of production music titled “Watersports” that was used on The Late Show’s Best Of DVD.

1 Like

i feel so entertained!

2 Likes

On my Fetch TV in Newcastle, the channel is now named as “WIN” however the TEN logo is still in the EPG.

On my normal TV it still says “Ten Newcastle”

2 Likes

There is no cure for this. The infection will spread.

7 Likes

I’m hoping it brings competition to local news.

Welcome Home to the WIN “Network”, where we are Entertaining Australia when we Turn On mappy, you Gottaloveit.

3 Likes

There’ll only be competition if WIN launches bulletins in NNSW.

On another issue I’ve just noticed on the WIN website they haven’t retitled those “NSW” regions (Illawarra etc…) to “SNSW” with the addition of “NNSW” now being brought in to the WIN Network.

3 Likes

Memo to WIN: The Gold Coast isn’t in Northern NSW, it’s just over the Border! :wink:

4 Likes

WIN should’ve removed the ‘N’ in the Northern NSW regions. WIN already handles the entire state (except Broken Hill).

3 Likes

Good one @SydneyCityTV I missed that. They need to change it to “QLD” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nice integrating all three commercial networks WIN has agreements on.

1 Like

That’s probably what they really should do.

1 Like

True, but it is technically also covered by the NNSW license area and they’re listing regions by each market…

I guess they still want to disambiguate the two markets.

4 Likes

Ten Northern NSW is still just that with SCA News updates & all. Anyone have a clue when WIN will take full control of NRN ?

I think they have “full control” now, presumably they are not yet ready to move playout to Media Hub and rebrand as WIN, so have outsourced it back to SCA until they are ready to do so.

My $$$$ is on a 1 July launch of WIN branding here in Nth NSW (despite that date being a Saturday).

4 Likes

It certainly looks to be that way. July 1 was on a Friday last year, I don’t think that the day of the week will matter too much, the focus will be on the date itself (then they can just reuse the old affiliation swap promos with channel number adjusted to 5x range).

4 Likes

Has anyone else noticed the weird lag whenever WIN swaps over to a Ten supplied feed during recovery mode?

I did some capping of WIN today and noticed it at the beginning of every program/return from each ad break.

4 Likes