Nine (WIN)

it’s 1600 hours on May 31st and as you can see NRN is still TEN Northern NSW. Southern Cross News update & all

4 Likes

Maybe the switchover is happening midnight June 1?

Speaking of that, did NRN finally used a video like this (well, modified for some points)?

Its 5:30am June 1, and still no sign of WIN branding here in Northern NSW.

1 Like

So, I assume that WIN has to run Ten NSW as it is until they have proper material for promoting their Network to the region. Yet, do they broadcast All Australian News?

Hmm I’m not so sure. I saw on WIN Televisiom website now include northern NSW

2 Likes

Oh, that’s weird. Anti-climatic for that change.

1 Like

No surprises, but the addresses listed for NNSW are the SCA offices. Interestingly, for the locations shared with SCA radio (Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast, Newcastle and Port Macquarie) the phone numbers listed are for Wollongong.

1 Like

I wonder how the ownership change affects the affiliation agreement with Ten to provide their programs to that area. Presumably the agreement with WIN needed to be updated and the one with Southern Cross dissolved. The changes might have caused a delay.

1 Like

The sale had to be approved by Ten before the sale could proceed, so that would have happened already.
The agreement would also most likely have been between Ten and “Northern Rivers Television Pty Ltd” - the company that owns the NRN licence which has transferred from SCA to WIN, so any contracts would stay in place.

ASIC is showing that a “Change to Company Details Change Member Name or Address (484A2)” form has been lodged for Northern Rivers Television Pty Ltd today, so that would indicate the sale has completed. (A copy of the document can be purchased for $19 if anyone’s that keep to read it).

4 Likes

Nope. Not yet

8 Likes

And now the hiring begins!

I imagine more jobs will begin appearing in the days ahead.

1 Like

Judging by the fact they’re only advertising now for jobs, maybe they will officially ‘relaunch’ on July 1 after all. Guessing they still have to bring their own staff in, finish breaking away from SCA, cut over to mediahub, etc

WIN Newcastle… only 10 years behind the original target date :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There’s also a sales job in Taree.
http://www.wintv.com.au/page/careers

3 Likes

The last six jobs have gone up literally in the last hour or so

4 Likes

That’s going to blow the budget!

3 Likes

I can just imagine the new local sales people talking to local businesses, trying to respond to the likes of “Win what?
Is that the channel with that huge solid blue blob/distraction? Does anybody/Who’s gonna watch that (when you can barely seem the programme behind it)?” :wink:

4 Likes

I wonder if there will be bargain basement advertising rates to get local clients to come across to WIN? I imagine most clients in Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie (roped in with Taree) and Gold Coast are radio clients who were upsold to Ten (Southern Cross).

While watching SCA Gold Coast’s One and Eleven it just seems to be the same 4-5 local advertisers recycled through with national ads. WIN will certainly have to start from scratch in a few places.

5 Likes

“Quality” Control over on the WIN website!

3 Likes

The online guides for Freeview, Nine and Yahoo7 now all list channel 5 as “WIN”

Funny now Nine’s guide, of all things, still uses the Nine-esque ‘glossy’ WIN wordmark as opposed to the current Ten-esque ‘glassy’ one.

5 Likes