Nine (WIN)

Let’s not understate it :wink:

14 Likes

According to RegionalTAM ratings for the week of 23-29 April, WIN’s main channel is 4th in every market, although it is 3rd in network shares in Regional QLD & VIC. In Regional WA, WIN’s main channel tied with 9Go! & is only just ahead of 7mate, whilst in Tasmania, WIN’s main channel is less than 2% ahead of 7TWO.

Of course, this was the week before Masterchef premiered, so WIN’s fortunes should improve in the coming weeks.

9 Likes

These ratings are becoming embarrassing for WIN. But I don’t think they really care with a big blue ugly mappy watermark on the main channel, a giant purple cover up on Eleven & a giant green cover up on One.

6 Likes

So Ten’s business strategy over the last year has been:

1. be an arsehole to your longtime affiliate
  2. change affiliation to a lower rating rival
  3. pollute screens with solid watermarks, which are hideous even by Australia’s low standards
  4. refuse to rebrand its news away from its former counterpart, despite aforementioned counterpart launching a competing service in the same markets.

I’m not saying WIN deserve their situation, but apparently no one there has any clue how to operate a modern media business.

10 Likes

Ten’s? I think you mean WIN’s.

They had no say in changing affiliates, Nine dumped them. But yeah, they do kind of deserve their current situation.

5 Likes

WIN’s attitude since 2007 meant they basically did it to themselves.

7 Likes

WIN Eleven’s Promo for ‘Acropolis Now’

9 Likes

Funny how the one (only?) time it might have made some sense to have the stupid “WIN” above the 11 logo…it’s not there.

12 Likes

But no different to when WIN would make GEM promos - no WIN on promo, but WIN + GEM watermark…

1 Like

So why is WIN showing Acropolis Now on Eleven?
Is Malcolm in the Middle rating that badly?

1 Like

As usual, it’s probably just WIN being WIN again…

6 Likes

to try and flog DVD sales of said program? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Would it have mattered if WIN didn’t take nine to court on attempting to stop 9now from showing in regional areas meaning that WIN would have lost the rights to show 9 network programs anyway?

I would attribute 95% of that result to the poor performance of Ten. Win’s national result usually seems to be rough the same as Ten’s audience share. By contrast Southern Cross always seemed to rate lower than Ten’s metro share. Same thing seems to be happening with its Nine affiliation as well while Seven affiliates rate higher than Seven.

2 Likes

I came across WIN’s Twitter account and looked at the branding depicted in the profile pic and header. What the hell is their logo??? The pic had a dark glossy blue WIN HD logo. Then there’s the Blue and white 9-affiliation style mappy, Light blue WIN logo, Light blue WIN logo HD, WIN logo in the ten circle, WIN Logo in the ten circle HD, WIN mappy in those entertaining Australia ads, and the different color used in the WIN NEWS logo! What the actual heck? I know this has been mentioned before, but surely one can’t be that confused about their identity?

9 Likes

This post on the WIN News thread has a link to a new photograph of Bruce Gordon. He is looking well.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/18342695_10209060093644040_5772706850300387575_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=2d71aee85f8eb9b1f982f5b491e42138&oe=59BC36DC

4 Likes

[Edit:] Looking good? How he looks made me think of this guy…

Perhaps he saw mappy & his shitstains on one & 11…

…Good…good…let the hate flow through you.

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: WIN News

A reminder that all WIN News specific posts belong in their own thread

1 Like

Has anyone else in Melbourne had WIN show up in their channel list? I still have a TiVo and although there’s no signal on the channel it’s showing both SD and HD in the channels list.