Nine (WIN)

WIN can’t show NRL games now because it’s no longer showing nine network programs except in Griffith and regional SA.

1 Like

Yeah I know, but if he owns a team presumably he’d plaster mappy all over the player uniforms, and that’s how it would be seen when Nine broadcast any of that team’s games.

1 Like

Until they develop the greatest coverup of all time… complete with dots! Kinda like a payback’s a bitch thing to WIN.

1 Like

I don’t watch rugby league that closely. I presume the Nine commentators still refer to WIN Stadium when Dragons games are played in Wollongong and the stadium signage is still seen prominently?

1 Like

I thought they reverted to using a generic term like “Wollongong Stadium” after the Nine-WIN affiliation ended?

4 Likes

(I haven’t watched enough to know but) I hope so; that would be well deserved given WIN’s behaviour & animosity towards Nine.

“the only network to cover every state in the country!” - well every state except the Northern Territory (unless WIN Corporation buys out Ten Darwin and Ten Central)

Is the Northern Territory a state?

2 Likes

Ah no.

1 Like

The same thing happens with ABC - they refer to Suncorp Stadium as Lang Park.

Would the name Illawarra Stadium or South Coast Stadium be more appropriate? WIN stadium is not an appropriate name because WIN lost the rights to NRL games except Griffith and regional SA in July last year.

It’s a multi purpose stadium and used by other football codes and as an entertainment venue (Elton John is coming up). WIN Stadium is the paid sponsorship name.

2 Likes

Lang Park is now the official name. Suncorp Stadium branding was dropped earlier this year.

1 Like

Are you sure? Nine refers to it as Suncorp on its coverage and its still Suncorp here. http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/

3 Likes

Brb calling Ticketek

2 Likes

Suncorp Stadium is the naming rights title.

The official title of the site is Brisbane Stadium and there was a move to change that back to Lang Park but it was unsuccessful. The official name was amended to Brisbane Stadium (Lang Park) but that doesn’t affect the sponsor name.

(I think I got all that around the right way :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Huh, ok I was wrong.

Someone told me the other day it was now officially Lang Park.

Whatever I don’t follow sportsball

2 Likes

did anyone catch 9 afternoon news about Network 10 is in money problems 232 mill first half loss and could end up going under if they cant get a loan this could be a disaster for Win Television?

I don’t see it as a disaster, that’s only for the shareholders. Whomever buys the TEN network if in voluntary receivership gets a bargain. Does anyone remember Packer’s famous win ’ you only get one Alan Bond’ in buying back the NIne Network ?

3 Likes

Exactly; if the reach rule goes Bruce will buy Ten and inflict mappy on the rest of the country (well the small subset which are Network Ten viewers).