Nine (WIN)

As I said above, the networks that are not the main affiliate in monopoly markets are not the affiliate’s priority, same said for joint ventures (except Tasmania). Otherwise all regional markets would have all multichannels, the whole purpose of aggregation…

1 Like

WIN’s HD channels are still pretty bad, the problems are just less noticable with the higher resolution. I can get 9Gem via WIN in MPEG-2 and 9Gem via Imparja in MPEG-4. Both come from MediaHub and both suffer the same washed out colours and can’t handle high movement. WIN HD doesn’t look right either.

3 Likes

Evidence (& history) suggest, maybe they are.
As others have mentioned they don’t have any real pressure to fix the situation.

2 Likes

Regarding missing services, there are also financial considerations as well. As was revealed when the agreement was finally reached to broadcast the Nine suite of channels to Tasmania (Tasmanian Digital Television), there is no or little profit in the provision of the extra services and they would end up losing money by cannibalising advertising from the existing channels.

3 Likes

But it’s all good if it’s a small market but the network has the additional service available under a network-wide agreement? Because we can’t forget 9Life, for example, was available in these smaller markets previously. Aren’t these JV’s rating better than WIN, or on par with what WIN rated with a Nine affiliation?

1 Like

Let’s replace the presumably crystal clear feed that old Bruce gets with a live stream of this crap, see how long it lasts.

1 Like

WIN still haven’t used a HD watermark in North QLD yet either.

3 Likes

Well, “they” (WIN) are wrong :relieved:

1 Like

This is what annoys me

Yes there is always a cost to bring these channels. But 9LIFE WAS there. Now it’s not. Including in TAS under WIN/SCA’s joint venture.

But it’s business as normal if you’re in QLD/NSW/VIC and SCA is your NINE broadcaster.

3 Likes

They are rating better than WIN. So they should have increased income, you’d think.

3 Likes

And Darwin under Nine ownership. Meanwhile Seven goes ahead and launches 7flix everywhere including in its smallest markets.

2 Likes

not every where regional victoria doesnt have 7 flix

Because Regional Victoria isn’t a market that Seven themselves broadcast to, that’s Prime7’s responsibility.

Is 7flix available in regional Qld? (I don’t think so.)

Yes

3 Likes

Can’t tell if sarcasm or not, but yes, it is.

1 Like

Happy to be proven wrong.
I thought there were complaints on here about it (along with 7bogan being HD instead of 7HD), I thought quite recently, and a quick look at Yahoo!7’s guide didn’t show it (just looking at others now does show 7flix; I foolishly thought the one from a Seven joint-venture would be right).

1 Like

The complaint from 7QLD regional viewers is that they don’t have 7HD.

2 Likes

Or daylight savings…

4 Likes

Yep. Everything really is a few years behind here in QLD!

1 Like