Nine (WIN)

More like Freude; it can’t just be not bothering with the nonsense when Bruce isn’t looking otherwise we wouldn’t have had their previous solid madness for so long.
Perhaps the advertisers who are paying for those ridiculously long ads don’t want their content covered up with an ad for WIN?
But then there’s Ten Eyewitness News, and sport on the secondary channels?

My (speculative) conclusion is WIN have only prepared their stupid solid one & 11 shitstains for the bottom-right, and they don’t have versions for when Ten puts the watermark in the top-right (and because of size & space I guess they’d have to become “one WIN” instead of “WIN one”, etc.).

Coming soon to the WIN Network nearest you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I doubt it would be that elegant. They’ll just put the current WIN News one straight on top and call it a day.

9 Likes

NOT counting the areas where SCA is the Nine affiliate and WIN is the Ten affiliate, but… what benefit if any would it be to WIN to carry Nine content on the WIN branded channel and shift current content back to a Ten channel? Especially if Ten keeps belting out top quality programming like FF and Biggest Loser.

It’s not the first time WIN has swapped affiliations in this matter (think WIN SA and Seven), but it isn’t 2007 anymore and we don’t have only two channels or single channels with multiple affiliations any more so I can’t ascertain if there’s any upsides for WIN in doing so. There’s also the JV’s they’d have to deal with.

It might sound crazy, but anything goes with WIN these days, and I wouldn’t put it past them that they try and do this sometime in the not too distant future

That wouldn’t be possible ANYWHERE nowadays since EVERY region in the country now has access to all five networks.

1 Like

Yeah, you are right. Too much thought and care has gone into it for them. :laughing:

This is probably more closer to their efforts (note: part of the Ten logo has to been seen under mappy for accuracy :stuck_out_tongue: ):

4 Likes

The program supply deal with Ten also covers those other regions with the Nine supplied content relegated to the supplementary channel. WIN is showing Ten content on the main channel and delivering increased reach as part of the deal.

Sorry, stood back a metre and couldn’t see it. Needs to be bigger!

1 Like

You forgot to put the ‘HD’ watermark hovering randomly in front of something.

3 Likes

love the bottom one wish they could see it and make it there perm watermark but transparent:)

A new season of Alice and Cooking must be coming up in the not too distant future.

Alice? Who the f@#* is Alice?

12 Likes

Autocorrect.

1 Like

She lives next door to Bruce.

12 Likes

One thing I am hoping WIN does when they take over the Northern NSW TEN affiliation (apart from the obvious like fixing up those awful coloured watermarks and the faint hope of local news bulletins here in Newcastle), is to improve the Central Coast presence.

As I can get these signals where I am, I do find it a bit cheap and lazy from SCTEN to just relay “TEN Newcastle” on the Coast, LCN name, ads and all, whereas 9NBN and Prime7 make more of an effort with local LCN names, ads and on 9NBN, some local news as well. Also that SC TEN only bothers to broadcast from Forresters Beach/Wyong and not Bouddi or Gosford, which is probably 150,000 people they are missing out on, hopefully WIN fixes that, and I think they will.

Looking forward then to comparing “WIN Newcastle” and “WIN Central Coast” alongside “TEN Sydney” (which I get as well, thankfully - as I think those logos will get a bit much for me).

3 Likes

Thanks… but increased reach?

Current observations from WIN SA territory:

• WIN, nearly a year since swapping affiliations, still does not have a HD watermark
  • Mappy is still awful in person
  • PQ quality on ONE, ELEVEN, NINE and GO! are all awful. The WIN watermarks are blurry and fuzzy along with the rest of the content, and NINE/GO really resembles watching 240p content on YouTube. Seven/7TWO are a bit better, but still worse than what comes out of 7 Adelaide
  • WIN advertisements are shown across all channels. Mostly events that WIN are sponsoring, but ads for Crawfords have shown on Seven and WIN/AdMedia on NINE
  • NO 9LIFE/7FLIX! :expressionless:
4 Likes

I Agree, I wonder why the picture quality is slightly better on WIN Seven, 7TWO & 7mate HD, then WIN Nine, GO!/GEM?, maybe it’s because WIN are still pissed off at Channel Nine. WIN SA HD still doesn’t have a HD watermark, (not that it really matters to me since there’s not much worth watching on WIN anyway!) Yet WIN HD VIC do have a HD watermark.

3 Likes

Bad PQ is because, sadly, no-one cares about the regional SA markets. 7flix and 9Life missing has to do with the fact that in all monopoly markets, the two additional affiliate stations (in WIN’s case, Seven and Nine) are left without HD or additional multichannels because there is no incentive for the broadcaster to upgrade stations that are not part of their main affiliation (Seven for SCTV SA, Ten for WIN SA).

2 Likes

I can’t imagine what you could mean? :wink:
All indications are WIN believe they’ve fixed their watermarks problem by replacing them with huge solid WIN-branded logos Bruce & co. can now see, and they’re looking forward to introducing their branding to NRN Ten viewers & (as much as possible) expunging the Ten brand from the broadcast area.

3 Likes

I wondered that, but surely WIN are not that petty, considering that they are broadcasting NINE to less viewers now (or maybe they are.) Like I said though, WIN ONE and ELEVEN are also atrocious

Seven/7TWO are okay but the colour seems washed out (multiple devices). 7mateHD is fine
WIN HD is also clear and viewers continue to experience GEM in Crystal Clear High Definition™

Well thats true, and I doubt the affiliates really care either, as long as their product is being delivered. Unfortunately, not just WIN in SA (as you’ve pointed out), we’ve hit a brick wall with channels. No new multichannels are being added in these markets. What’s worse where WIN is present is that viewers HAD 9LIFE for 3-4 months, then lost it. It was obviously not included in any new affiliation deal, but viewers don’t care about how much NINE wants from WIN, just ‘where is this channel?’

2 Likes