Nine (WIN)

Canberra Ident

1 Like

That’s duller than a WIN News bulletin.

3 Likes

To be fair, you are talking about Canberra. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You’d at least expect WIN to use proper English rather than “wanna”.

3 Likes

Isn’t Bermuda was a very relaxed place? :innocent:

1 Like

107 posts were split to a new topic: Regional Affiliation Contract Negotiations 2021

Two more local IDs:

1 Like

Flicking channels this morning and saw this.

I’m sure HCF would be happy to know they’ve paid for this slot on Studio 10 just to have their logo covered by the WIN logo in all the regional areas.

8 Likes

Maybe the WIN logo should be moved to top right corner

1 Like

Shouldn’t even be a watermark there during Studio 10 anyway.

4 Likes

Putting a lot more care into it then they will.

3 Likes

As if one WIN logo wasn’t enough… here’s two for the Interview that was on tonight.

Found this picture on Facebook:

13 Likes

9 Likes

WIN’s watermark playout is weird. There are always 2 on the screen, one on top of the other, during the first few seconds of it showing up when it’s in its normal position. You can see they’re just out of alignment by a few pixels. It looks like someone at WIN/MHA only moved one of them to the top-right for this interview. The bottom-right one seen above disappeared like it normally does before the HD part faded in.

11 Likes

If WIN and Nine are smart, hopefully we’ll see them come together for some “[Nine content] is BACK on WIN!” promos leading up to July 1 because it seems people out there still associate one with the other.

Also while I’m sure this won’t happen, how good would it be if WIN took the affiliation switch reversal as an opportunity to refresh the branding of their local news?!

3 Likes

hopefully 9 has put in the deal that dotty has to be used with wins watermark or better still better drop win Branding all together

5 Likes

I wish, but I’m not hopeful.

If WIN’s solid logo & cover-ups continue, it (again) proves Nine management don’t care about national branding, etc., or anything outside the metro cities.

2 Likes

I wonder if WIN will keep WIN branding on NRN when the affiliation deal elsewhere with Nine kicks in, or whether NRN will become Ten branded.

2 Likes

Hmmm… Based on what they’ve done in the past I’d guess a 10 Sydney dirty feed with just the ads swapped out, maybe some ‘WIN Network’ self promotion in the ad breaks and possibly a brief ‘Your on the WIN Network’ overlay after the breaks…

If they go full 10 branding, then that may indicate they’re looking to sell, whereas if - in the unlikely event - they keep prominent WIN branding on-air, that’d suggest they’ll hang on to it.

WIN have only been re-branding promos, doing cover-ups, etc. for whichever is their primary affiliate network, getting maximum airtime for the effort & cost of rebranding, and left the others as dirty feeds.

4 Likes

I think you’re probably right, although they did rebrand promos etc when they switched their primary affiliation in Regional SA to Seven, right?

3 Likes