Nine (WIN)

Just saw on one 10 Peach

2 Likes

Sound the klaxons, here come the complaints. :rofl:

3 Likes

Perhaps Bruce has had time during his extended stay in Oz holed up in the “Toaster” to do a deep dive under the couch cushions to come up with some spare change to roll out the channel to regional viewers.

2 Likes

Not from me, the regionals are missing out on nothing with this channel :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Same here, but you get a few.

3 Likes

I was standing outside WIN’s Tamworth offices, should’ve asked you lot if you wanted me to go inside, ask stupid questions and generally be a pest. :laughing:

6 Likes

doubt it, he wants to keep Sky News on WIN. There is no room for 10Shake on WIN.

2 Likes

Rates better anyway. What would be the incentive to replace SNOW with Shake and lose two-thirds of the channel’s audience.

5 Likes

Sorry. Another poor attempt at humour.

3 Likes

If I was so inclined, i’d drop a post on WIN’s facebook page :wink:

3 Likes

Bruce Gordon was rumoured to be looking to float WIN Corporation on the ASX in 2001, story from November 2000:

and in 2010, story from October 2009:

Is it time for another rumour?

3 Likes

A rumor based on what? Your own speculation?

Who would want to invest in a tv station group who is not in the business of content creation and only in the (declining) business of selling ads in someone else’s content?

Sure way to lose your money

7 Likes

I didn’t speculate anything. It’s simply about another ten years since the last rumour. I guess I should have used an exclamation mark.

2 Likes

Ah ok, sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this a home videotape that someone has taped off the telly or something used internally at WIN? Surely they weren’t putting VHS to air?

3 Likes

No they wouldn’t have been putting VHS to air. This would have been a copy given to an advertiser or sponsor for a TVC that WIN produced for them.

However in this case, it looks like it was taped over with “Leah’s weather update”. Who is Leah? Have you watched the tape? If it’s a genuine weather update it was probably given to “Leah” for her show reel.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like much tape in that cassette. It might’ve been given to a person on work experience or from a tour group as a memento of their visit to the studio. It was common to let such visitors fool around and practice presentation in front of a green screen during such visits.

7 Likes

if you look at the 1st photo even though its scribbled out its says win sponsorship -act netball 1x30

1 Like

My guess is that this was one of those “weather presenter visits a local primary school” things, and Leah was a student featured.

2 Likes

It looks like a bulk no name 15 minute cassette.

1 Like