Nine (WIN)

Pictures of a naked Bruce Gordon?

3 Likes

Copied from/made by 10

12 Likes

Seen in one of the Bill Collins reports

8 Likes

What’s going to happen at the end of 10 News First after the end of next week when several WIN markets will lose their local news service?

The newsreaders will no longer make sense when they say, “Up next is WIN News or Celebrity Name Game”.

Maybe best to say nothing at all at the end of their news…?

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: WIN News

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The woes of WIN

An odd memory: When my family went to Ulladulla once in 2012 (I didn’t realise that until years later), we couldn’t find the remote so the TV was stuck on Gold (WIN’s datacast channel). At one point something came on that interested me: An infomercial about every Crawfords DVD release at the time, with each show getting around a few minutes of showcase. How could a network promote their own product on their own multichannel? That’s just, crazy!

I guess in WIN’s case, Crawfords series can’t attract enough advertisers to be scheduled on air, but do attract a niche audience willing to buy the box sets? Personally, I think they should just air them on Gold anyway. They’ll still be able to sell the DVD’s on the side.

1 Like

It’s their own channel. If they want to use it to plug their own merchandise then so be it.

1 Like

Say it again, but slower… I think you answered your own question mate.

2 Likes

Why don’t they sell the Crawford library??? Does a regional broadcaster really need it?

The WIN network is so backwards.

1 Like

The question I have is if these Crawfords TV series are so much of a must have, then why do WIN screen Magnum PI, Kojak. Columbo and Robotech on Saturday nights instead of say Carson Law Matlock Police, The Box, State Coroner and The Henderson Kids? (noting all channel 10 shows)

2 Likes

Does Harmony Gold have rights to those shows? I think Brucey Boy has the rights to those here.

Where’s the Bermuda Triangle and how do we convince the Gordon family to fly into it? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve seen some nice WIN logo idents the past few nights, obviously made by 10. Quite nice👌

2 Likes

I think we have been a bit too critical of WIN for airing Magnum PI on WIN Peach on Saturday nights - it could be in anticipation of Ten airing the 2018 reboot

CBS aired the first series last year and the second season airs later this year

2 Likes

That really is giving WIN way too much credit…

5 Likes

Magnum PI reboot is on FOX8.

3 Likes

True, but how many shows on FOX8 end up on one of the FTA channels, whether its the next year or years later?

1 Like

I noticed this on WIN on several TV’s (and in 3 different houses) while up in the Pilbara in April, despite having a very strong signal from the local (low power) tower 2km away.

2 Likes

I noticed that Win has this week stopped playing Celebrity on Win Peach, guessing it has to do with the axed Local News in some areas.

1 Like