Nine (WIN)

How do they get away with that?

The same way they get away with setting up fake Apple stores with fake replica Apple products on every street. I guess big corporations know they are fighting a losing battle if they try to put an end to anything in Bali.

A few extra thousand eyeballs on some ads doesn’t hurt sales :wink:

Big dish, pointed in the right direction. the right receiver and hacked card. :wink:

2 Likes

Could probably buy a VAST box and card in Bali, bring it back to Oz and watch it here.

Wonder if Western VAST can be received in the eastern states?

You could buy one over there, but not sure why you’d bother when you could just buy one here and activate it with whichever state you want.

All VAST channels are beamed over the same area. It’s only the smart card in the box that locks out channels that are not allowed due to your location.

Anyway, if you want to know more ask away in Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST)

3 Likes

Lineup:

3 Likes

Going through my old digital TV recordings, I found an old version of the big blue blob from 2005:

14 Likes

That was part of the sponsor billboard of the time.

9 Likes

Yep, here’s a video version I posted in the TV History thread originally:

5 Likes

Don’t like the different texture between the dots/balls and the WIN.

3 Likes

OMG!
E64581D5-1A75-4E64-8C6F-F4C66D62B342

OMG! OMG! Aaarrrggghhh!!!
EE92D5D8-74F2-4F7D-9044-8F9DB9D25389

13 Likes

WIN signage at the V8 Supercars on the Gold Coast.

6 Likes

Good spotting @SydneyCityTV

Not big enough…

3 Likes

Aren’t they on Channel 5 there?

6 Likes

Of couse you’re right; so WIN have directed people to watch Nine (NBN)! :joy:

11 Likes

Southern Cross Tas used to have a massive one at Symmons Plains which was always splashed across Seven/Ten whoever had the coverage for that year. WIN Television also had one for years at Bellerive Oval behind the bowler which was always shown on TV. Not sure if it’s still there, would be great if it still is now that they’re the Ten affiliate and no longer have the cricket rights (for now).

2 Likes

WIN have always had a fondness of putting in signage at sporting venues.
They even had a couple of signs at the WACA Cricket Ground in Perth, not sure if they still do now, though it won’t get much exposure with the new Burswood stadium opening early next year.

And of course, naming rights… They once had WIN Jubilee Oval, the Sydney home ground of the St George Illawarra Dragons in the NRL, plus they still have WIN Stadium (also used by the Dragons), and WIN Entertainment Centre, both of which are in the WIN heartland of Wollongong.

1 Like

Back in my days, WIN Television used to have a signage over Subiaco Oval back in 2002-06 when 9/10 had the AFL rights. WIN covered 5-6 matches in Western Australia during the 2002-06 agreement.

2 Likes