Nine (WIN)

So all of this happens whilst I’m in a marginal WIN area and I can’t even receive WIN :confused:

You’re not missing anything good.

1 Like

Feel greatful that you’re not in the WIN region.

3 Likes

Well yes.

Most houses have around where I’m currently staying have their antennas pointed towards Lookout Hill / Highton.

The only reason I want to get WIN is for the All Australian News and the local news, nothing else.

1 Like

As @TV-ACT said, you’re not missing anything good. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

WIN are really flogging All Australian News.

I was aware of a replay of it at 12pm on ONE, which has been going for a while.
But it seems that they are now also showing the same episode again straight after that at 1pm on ELEVEN.

This means it’s now airing:
11:30pm or 12:00am on WIN
Repeat at 7:00am on WIN
Repeat at 12:00pm on ONE
Repeat at 1:00pm on ELEVEN

3 Likes

It was happening on the SA feeds yesterday too.

1 Like

In the first week of the new year (1st to 7th January), WIN has won the week in network shares in Regional Victoria, Tasmania & Regional WA, and won primary channel shares in Regional QLD (beaten by Seven in network shares) & Southern NSW (beaten by Nine in network shares). This is due to Ten’s coverage of the BBL, which is relayed on WIN.

Source: Regional TAM

2 Likes

I think credit clearly has to go to WIN’s change in on air branding - regional viewers love solid blue watermarks, and WIN delivered.

6 Likes

:angry: Too soon. (You know how distance let’s one see the funny side of things… maybe when the WIN brand no longer exists, then it might be funny. :stuck_out_tongue:)
I’m struggling to find what to say, looking for a metaphore, to describe the return of Mappy, bigger, more solid, and more offensive… without being offensive.

Never mind.

What’s BBL?
It’s not something on the not-to-be-watched huge blue map channel, is it?

Big Bash League.

The BBL probably would’ve rated well regionally even if we still had SC10 and a Nine-affiliated WIN because as we should all know by now, premium live sport coverage is popular viewing pretty much everywhere in Australia.

Once the BBL is over for another Summer and January becomes February, I’m sure the regional TV ratings will be largely much the same as they are in metropolitan areas.

3 Likes

The regional ratings for week one are pretty much the same as the metro ones. First time I can remember Prime coming third; they usually perform better than Seven; same week last year Prime ranked first.

2 Likes

Instead of all these random - up to 12 hour old replays - of wins all Australian news, they are better off re-tooling the format, adding a news and weather ticker and going live at 7am

ooooh look what I just dug up!

9 Likes

You should add it to Wikipedia.

The great man’s birth notice in the SMH.

7 Likes

I’m surprised WIN hasn’t made a superhero origins type story for him yet.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic (sorry I forgot to add the appropriate emoji)

1 Like

Looks like the ten logo is behind the win map ten must be in recovery mode

2 Likes

And covering up some of the promo watermark

6 Likes