Nine (WIN)

What happens in S-E South Australia (Mt Gambier/Riverland)?

WIN have a monopoly.

But as we all know, they previously shared programing of Seven/Ten on one station & Nine on another.

As of the past few years though, is been Ten SA, WIN (digital) & Seven SA.

So does Ten programming move to the digital (WIN) station? Or will WIN just keep it on their Ten SA station? If so, will WIN (digital station) even be airong from Friday?

Presumably WIN, the primary channel of all 13 channels they operate in Eastern SA, will change to Ten affiliation and their current Ten SA-based channel will change to a Nine SA-based channel. They probably won’t have to do much else other than change the LCNs on the multi-channels since they operate them all.

2 Likes
7 Likes

WIN’s primary channel in the South East & Riverland in SA will change from Nine to Ten affiliation & the current Ten SA station will change to Channel Nine.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bruceberts/status/748307814569766913

Posted by VIC news presenter Bruce Roberts on Twitter about half an hour ago, Robbo from Studio 10 has stopped by the Gong studios, I can see a Studio 10 microphone on the desk, was there a story about the change on Studio 10 this morning?

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine − Southern Cross Affiliation Deal

It’s embassing that Australia’s self proclaimed biggest TV network doesn’t even have a news set - just a green curtain.

There’s nothing embarrassing about being able to change your set without the massive costs of building one - especially when you change your style every couple of years - get with the program - no need to spend money for the sake of it - Just like so many news bulletin sets around the world. The more money spent on sets, the less available for news operations.

10 Likes

No cost to remove the nine-esque set and gain a ten looking set immediately

5 Likes

Here’s hoping that actually happens tomorrow night, we’ll soon see.

2 Likes

I presume WIN will be working hard to have on-air ‘pop ups’ to remind viewers about

(e.g.) Family Feud on LCN 81 & 82, Neighbours on LCN 82, etc.

Also seeing as 6pm (local news) will become a massive time slot for WIN & one they’ll be working hard to retain/attract viewers.

Have a question on channel 5 (10 Mildura) they have The Project listed In the TV Guide from 11:30pm to 12:30am, If the switch is at midnight what’s going to happen the listing dose not sound accurate.

Wow - The Project running for 13 hours, seems a bit much :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Opps typo.

14 Likes

Thats why we called Wait Awhile. Regional WA could be the only station in Australia without a Channel Nine come midnight.

The Final Night of WIN TV’s Relationsship with Channel Nine as well as Southern Cross airing Ten Programming.

Ten Eyewitness News’s report about the affiliation party:

8 Likes

Anyone In regional WA going to record what happens on the current 10 channel after midnight?.

Days like this I still wished I had VAST :frowning: