WIN News

Haha - “There’s never been a hometown week… next on The Project”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, nice to see that old scenic loop get some airtime once again. We rarely see it these days which is most disappointing! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Guys, it’s week 1 these updates going to air. The more Kate does, the better she’ll get. Remember, you’re not seeing this on NBN, it’s a third or fourth rating station, not many will see it. Give it time, the need to record multiple breaks a day will improve anyone who’s willing to learn.

Still think Kate needs better help from make up with her eyebrows.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

WIN is the self proclaimed “largest regional television network in Australia”, and NNSW is the 4th largest TV market in the country. Additionally Gold Coast and Newcastle are the 6th and 7th biggest cities in the nation.

And this is what WIN comes to market with?

Hardly a way to make a splash, announce to advertisers that you are a serious player.

This is way below average in terms of quality and scope for what Australia’s largest regional network should be offering to the 4th largest tv market in the country.

Even being a 3rd or 4th rated station, it would pull more viewers than Darwin or any station in Tasmania. And look at the quality they get on Nine, ABC, WIN and SC

No excusss for this shit.

2 Likes

No excusss for this shit.

Agreed, it’s less than ideal for WIN to continue the noodle updates, but let’s think logically.

NBN has long been established as the dominant commercial news service in NNSW with strong community ties. The areas that Prime7 cover adds a second established service that is near identical in format to WIN News. WIN would be entering a market at the very bottom, with no prior history with viewers.

In addition to contending with two existing commercial services, WIN is stuck on the lower-rating Ten programming, not ideal to entice viewers to a new service. Their mappy mudmark is also repelling viewers in droves.

WIN (or indeed, Bruce) may have the funds to establish at least a couple of functional bulletins, but the factors above would bring into question whether the investment would be worth it. It’s one thing to establish a new news service, it’s another thing to encourage viewers to watch it over two established services. Such issues would also be present with a market-wide bulletin.

6 Likes

Spotted this half-page advertisement in the local newspaper.

Highlights WIN’s larger team as a point of difference vs the single video journalist in Shepparton for Nine News Border N/E.

11 Likes

Love it! :slight_smile: Thanks SD.

1 Like

I did not think Mildura got anything but I just saw a Newsbreak which had Bruce Roberts read out a couple of stories with footage ending with a quick mention of tomorrows forecast, wish I had recorded it

2 Likes

Nine news was hilarious and cute, and so will WIN news. I was watching it, and there was a WIN microphone right next to a Nine microphone. Could this be a hint they are joining back up, and WIN is leaving TEN?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

nope it means win and 9 were there for the same news story

4 Likes

Is Nine kidding them? Hahahahah. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: WIN busted the affiliation because of 9Now, maybe there’s time that CBS might slap WIN a Ten disaffiliation threat if Gordon keeps misbehaving on things like CBS All Access. It’ll be another shock for Regional Australia, IMO.

3 Likes

WIN might end up being an SBS affiliate the way they are going :blush:

10 Likes

Part of me would still like to see Bruce keep to his past threats and break off to program his own network. Though it wouldn’t be fair to some of the people working at WIN who know what they’re doing but are crushed by his ego.

4 Likes

I don’t really buy any of that.

Newcastle is the 7th largest city in the nation.
It is the largest sub market in Australia.
It i the largest city in Australia with only 1 local newscast.

They should be doing local news at 6 for Newcastle and taking that market head on.

Also, there is something between these god-awful noodle updates and a full blown 30 minute newscast.

How about Ten and WIN work together (like Nine and SCA have) and develop 2x 5 minute windows in the News at 5 - so WIN can insert mini local news bulletins.

Or Perhaps that could run mini local news bulletins at 6pm and start FF at 6.05pm and run 5 minutes less ads. These 2 minute noodle updates take more that 5 minutes of ad revenue a day anyway.

That way they could promote WIN NEWS Weeknights at 6 - and there is time for viewers to tune in, and it flows directly off the back of Ten News. In time, it could be expanded.

There are many things WIN and Ten could work together on - beyond these awful updates.

Melissa Russell did the Win Newsbreak for WIN SA (Riverlands). Less effort than Mildura no footage with reports.

Townsville News Update and Promo shown yesterday

4 Likes

Such a weird bulletin…

9 Likes

…airing on such a weird network makes perfect sense though. :wink:

4 Likes

Geez, she’s talking fast there!

I’ve always wanted to watch some form on WIN News and even some Prime7 News updates, but the only place where I could go and receive it, we usually go on weekends…