WIN News

IMG_3636

11 Likes

Chester reminds me so much of a mate of mine from the UK - with and without his spectacles!!

1 Like

Excuse me, thatā€™s not in the appropriate meme thread. Iā€™ll let you off with a warning this time.

7 Likes

In the future would WIN put out one combined local news bulletin for Newcastle / Northern NSW / Gold Coast in the future or would WIN stick with the noodle news updates that is occurring in Northern NSW for now?

I think the latter.

I think the only slim chance of an actual 30 min bulletin is in Newcastle.
Halve that for the Gold Coast.
Next to none everywhere else.

2 Likes

No one here knows anymore than you do

3 Likes

Has ANYBODY managed to cap the NNSW noodle updates?

2 Likes

I did a screenshot of presenter Kate Fotheringham at post 1957 further above.

I donā€™t have PC based video recording capabilities if thatā€™s what youā€™re asking.

1 Like

Does the noodle news update include sport news and weather forecasts for Newcastle / northern NSW / Gold Coast or are there seperate weather updates for northern NSW?

Ouse is another town said wrong on many occasions. Once I heard it said so wrong I had to have a chuckle to myself (this was a few years ago now so I canā€™t remember which newsreader was the culprit! :grin:).

Thereā€™s been quite a few instances that Iā€™ve heard of him struggling to get Launnie right though. Maybe he has been recently brushing up on this with his weekly pronunciation lessons? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Same here. @Bort should be setting a better example for the other forum members. Being this forums No.1 leader he should of known better. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It includes sport, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any weather graphics or even any mention of forecast temps.

They have four studios

1 Like

So are all five Queensland bulletins recorded at the Wollongong studio?

I believe the QLD bulletins are still produced at Maroochydore. They used to be split between Maroochydore and another location that I canā€™t remember.

Before Maroochydore, they were split between Rockhampton and Toowoomba.

2 Likes

Some minor issues during WIN News Illawarra tonight:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a couple of noodle updates that have been posted on the Facebook page:

5 Likes

Like everything win do those updates are truly awful. Dare I say it worse than the SC ones.

4 Likes

Something about Kate just feels a bit, stale. Good speech, but she doesnā€™t look comfortable.

For that welcome line, why not just use the traditional: ā€œGood morning/afternoon/evening, Iā€™m Kate Fotheringhamā€. ā€œWIN Local News updateā€ is a bit of a mouthful. Try and disguise it like a standard newsbreak.

Nice to see that theyā€™re using OTS, though.

3 Likes

beyond shocking.

2 Likes