WIN News

Just looked on the WIN News Albury twitter page, not sure if any other WIN news twitters have this. WIN news are already ahead, they have made a new circle profile picture, to fit in with the recent twitter update, not even 7, 9, or 10 news has done this, as in, the metropolitan bulletins

4 Likes

But still using the old Nine openers and theme (seriously dude, just repurpose those ā€œ Years of Local Newsā€ advertisements and boom!)ā€¦ WIN certainly has their priorities straight!

8 Likes

totally agree, even though the nine news opener isnā€™t the same now, apart from the red line, and the current opener is recognised to win. yeah, how hard, and those new graphics are every where apart from the tv

I was so annoyed watching Ten News tonight in Qld. Just before TENFAF were about to go to a break, a Win News update would cut half-way through the report and continue with the ad block. Every time. Did this happen in the other states?

2 Likes

The add breaks were starting about 1/2 a second late all night in the Illawarraā€¦ the start of the metro add would slip through.

2 Likes

An altered Ten Eyewitness News/WIN News/ The Project just aired, it was nicely done.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Facebook page for Northern NSW now: https://www.facebook.com/WINNewsNorthernNSWandGoldGoast/

3 Likes

Oh dear. Noodle Updates might be coming.

Their cover photo suggests something interesting:

Graphically that image looks like something WIN News mightā€™ve produced, but I donā€™t know if a combined bulletin across Northern NSW & the Gold Coast would work.

12 Likes

Perhaps it will be similar to All Australian News but as a composite of local NNSW stories. Or perhaps a Tasmania-style bulletin? Some form of either noodle updates or a market-wide bulletin seems to be implied by a uniform FB page.

Hopefully, WIN will now update their news openers as they would not have a Nine-esque opener for NNSW. Not holding my breath for opener changes though.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just checked the WIN Northern NSW page, and the ā€œ6pmā€ bit in that banner seems to have been removed :worried:

It was too good to be true this early in the piece.

Oh well.

2 Likes

Perhaps a local sub-market noodle update to air at 6pm?

Yeah a marketwide bulletin wonā€™t work. What makes news in Newcastle is not interesting for those in Tamworth or the Gold Coast. NBN also take note!

4 Likes

Got a bit bored so did some surfing. Check out this FB pageā€¦

https://www.facebook.com/WinNewsWollongong/

2 Likes

Not as bored as the guy who made that Iā€™m guessing! Love it!

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any of WINā€™s 30-minute local news bulletins from QLD or southern NSW, but surely a good proportion of the programme comprises shared content from neighbouring markets. How about a bulletin featuring separate recorded local news in the first segment, followed by a segment of shared live pan-regional content, then another market-specific recorded local weather/top story recap and closing segment? So the bulletin is topped and tailed with local content and locally branded.

Are we saying that there isnā€™t enough pan-regional content of interest to everyone in NNSW/GC and not enough local news to justify a fully-local bulletin? Why does this work (to a point) in other markets but wouldnā€™t work in NNSW?

Yes, and it doesnā€™t work in many other locations; a tree falling down shouldnā€™t appear on the news (unless it at least blocks a main road, etc.).
Remember when these started, WIN was a Nine affiliate and the metro capitals had 30-minute National Nine News bulletins which included their local news, national & international news? 30 minutes of purely local has always been too long.

2 Likes

For a single market, yes. For a pan-regional bulletin covering multiple markets, it may work in the short term. It would certainly save WIN face if they avoided noodle updates in an aggregated market.

Yes, the key word is neighbouring. Prime seems to do ok with their Lismore/Coffs Harbour/Port Macquarie and Taree bulletin, but the vast differences in geographic distances, a state border and different demographic demands donā€™t make a NNSW wide news work.

Do people care about a tractor roll over blocking a farming road in Armidale while watching in Newcastle? Or the Gold Coast light rail system closed due to a malfunction in Taree? Donā€™t even get me started on the whole NBN issue of saying things like ā€œOur Premierā€, ā€œOur Stateā€, ā€œState Parliamentā€ when watching on the Gold Coast.

7 Likes

WIN News Northern NSW comment:
ā€œIf that solid, blue mark you use in other areas is on my screen on Friday, I wonā€™t be watching. The few Ten shows I watch will be streamed on Tenplay and Iā€™ll encourage other to do the same. We donā€™t put up with that garbage in Northern NSW.ā€

You tell em Joan :joy::joy::joy:

13 Likes

Looks like it was pulled down from Facebook.

5 Likes