WIN News

I wonder if WIN do these themselves? They look to good, perhaps metro quality?

4 Likes

Yes these and WIN’s motion graphics are made in house by their own designer. The same designer also does freelance graphic work for other companies. I dare say most of WIN’s graphic work is better than stuff you’ll find by the metropolitan networks.
The on-air graphics and animations for WIN News could look just as good as these but unfortunately they are working with outdated and crap software.

3 Likes

Someone forgot to update the WIN News logo on this GIF:

1 Like

Pure class, WIN.

14 Likes

Duggan’s script could also use some polishing: “A construction worker remains in a stable condition in St. George Hospital after almost severing off his arm…”.

3 Likes

Decided to watch WIN News tonight for something different.
The amount of Crawfords crap airing in the ad breaks is insufferable.

6 Likes

Decided to hit my head against a brick wall tonight for something different…:dizzy_face: (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

3 Likes

WIN’s obviously not selling enough ads then.

2 Likes

I wonder how expensive the slots are?

TVNZ are the only network that I know of to release rate cards.

Mediaworks also release them for Three & Bravo.

1 Like

Prime have in the past too.
They had a website last year where you could prices for a package.
Package was for 40x 15 sec ads over a 4 week period with 20% on main channel.
Prices varied, but for example:
Newcastle: $3760
Port Macquarie: $1190
Canberra: $2420
Albury: $1090

65 ads in same package was approx 1.7x that.
85 ads was approx 2.5x the 40 ad price.

1 Like

Why is Albury so cheap?

Probably because it’s a smaller market than Newcastle, Canberra or Port Macquarie?

1 Like

I’d say so. Possibly also based on average incomes in the area. For comparison, Shepparton, Bendigo, Traralgon and Wagga Wagga were all $1000.

Tom Cooper was only WIN TV’s weekend sports reader and weekday journalist, Brent Costelloe is WIN TV’s Sports Presenter

Yesterday’s WIN News Townsville presented by Melissa Russell.

2 Likes

WIN News Townsville is using two completely different keyed images between story reads, looks really weird.
Will post soon

1 Like

First few stories of WIN News Townsville tonight featured this normal background.

Then, this background randomly appeared at the transition to a new story.

Then back to the 1st, then back to the 2nd again. Then the next few stories were back to the normal background before the 2nd one randomly showed up again.

4 Likes

Prefer the second one, if they moved it round to the left a little so it was all aligned and then keyed in a decent picture into the backdrop it would look great.

3 Likes

WIN News in QLD must be experimenting a little ahead of Nine News’ launch.

Tonight I’ve flicked past WIN News NQ towards the end of the bulletin and Lincoln crossed over to Hannah for a weather preview before the last ad break, with Hannah throwing to break and returning with weather afterwards.

5 Likes