WIN News

So what happens when the question is asked of Seven and/or Nine - Maroochydore or Brisbane. Really only moderately better IMO. I don’t think it will be widely known; who reads local papers?

1 Like

I agree, it is the same for all regional broadcasters who present ‘out of their area’

And then after a few weeks almost everyone will forget or stop caring.

Maroochydore/Brisbane are still in the state for a start. A lot of people in regional areas still read their local newspapers also.

1 Like

I know quite a few north Queenslanders; without wanting to generalise, most of them are the exact type of people who’d hold a grudge for a longgggg time against WIN if they moved interstate.

3 Likes

And even more so in a certain town south of Townsville.

Are they still upset about the original station name being changed to WIN, so named because of a station in Wollongong?

1 Like

Not really wanting to completely reignite this, but how exactly did the “Ayr, near Townsville” in-joke start? I remember seeing it when I began perusing Media Spy but had no idea where it came from (did it originate from the old MS website?). Curiosity is killing me.

By memory someone on here had relatives in Ayr that absolutely lost their shit about something to do with not being able to get one of the new channels. Maybe when 9Life launched.

4 Likes

Ayr would be the hotbed of this ‘unrest’.

1 Like

I thought it was the member himself who “lost his shit”.

Mediaspy’s first meme.

I can’t see it, . . . they’re not moving the station south only the news presenting, aren’t the journo’s and camo’s are all staying in their own regions? The news was being broadcast from 1,200 klm’s away anyway, what’s another 900klm’s going to do?

Along with the Victorian and Illawarra bulletins, Tanya Dendrinos is the weather presenter for WIN News Central West as of tonight:

2 Likes

Finally, Geoff is a good presenter, but him doing the weather report is a snooze fest.

2 Likes

Win news really has to change the weather and just make it the full screen and don’t have the border around it, it would make it :eyes: so much nicer

2 Likes

Budget promo from last week

4 Likes
2 Likes

It seems unlikely that WIN will introduce full scale local news bulletins in the northern NSW market at this stage but I believe 2 minute noodles updates could continue from the nearest WIN news studio.

1 Like

Does anyone know when WIN News Central West was stopped being produced in Orange?

If you mean that it has even been read out in Orange, it never has. It has always been produced in Wollongong since WIN first started local news for the Central West in 1992.

1 Like