WIN News

WIN looking for a new News Director in Tasmania.

Whats left of it!

1 Like

I’m in Victoria. I might apply. It seems to me WIN might like my idea of doing that. They seem to like local things not being local.

All Australian News, new opener/chroma key background:

8 Likes

We’ve been excepting this for 10 months now…

BTW is there a new promo?

Bit of a shame those alternate shots are now gone. But there’s no apparent reason why the update should’ve taken so long.

And straighten that desk! The angle doesn’t line up with the backdrop.

2 Likes

FINALLY!!!

Canberra Afternoon & Evening Updates today:

1 Like

WIN News South Australia (Riverland) update from Friday 26/10/2018.

Same update but capped from both WIN Seven and WIN Nine to indicate how the WIN News update is presented:

8 Likes

Who is presenting the Border bulletin now days then?

I believe that Geoff is doing the Border & North East bulletin now, to compensate for Bruce Roberts taking on the Tasmania bulletin.

Caps/montage of last nights AAN. This time there was no bug on the opener:

yes it does seem to be Geoff Phillips. thought I’m not sure why. Even it is due to Bruce doing the Tassie bulletin, I thought Geoff would’ve done it, since Bruce has always done the victorian bulletins

I saw a generic Victorian Win News promo on SNOW with bruce roberts the other day which i was thinking this would of also been shown in Mildura (which only has updates unsure of the presenter) and albury which has a different host. Or has albury now gone to a SNSW feed of SNOW

1 Like
1 Like

I’m surprised they haven’t used Mark to present sport on WIN considering Amy Duggan has been absent from the desk quite a bit this year and they usually don’t replace her.

I remember his romance with WIN reporter Mary-Ruth Monsour, currently a senior producer with SBS News, captivated the Illawarra back in the 1980s.

1 Like

Do tell us more.

I remember him from ABC News in Sydney.

They’re married I believe…

All Australian News with Corinne May, from Sunshine Coast for first time since graphic changes:

3 Likes

I see Jared Constable is back at WIN after a year at Fox Sports Australia. He contributed two news report to the bulletin tonight and presented sport.

2 Likes

So the Tasmania bulletin supers are now in the style of the other bulletins. However the font is slightly different (more bold/condensed). The titlecard has also been updated (Mersey River mouth, Devonport):

4 Likes