WIN News

Until a court case takes place. You’d think WIN would rebrand something closer to Ten, music and all, by now?

If this was America, they could say “First on First”

1 Like

Maybe WIN own the rights to their current package?

Maybe they don’t own the rights, but Nine don’t really care if WIN use a similar package to their news service? I mean Nine has their own Regional servicing pumping out on SC, and litigating against WIN is just giving them free publicity.

Maybe Nine are just really happy to be rid of WIN as an affiliate, and are “happy” to let them do whatever they want because they’re stuck with the much more lower rating Ten affiliation.

1 Like

I think the point is… it’s actually dumb.

Putting it down on paper makes it look even sillier. As a 10 affiliate why would you use music from an opposing network for your flagship daily program?

We don’t watch WIN News anyway, it’s like watching Minecraft.

1 Like

1 Like

a really dull book reading.

2 Likes

There’s two versions of the Walkley promo:

Both were recorded off the Canberra feed.

3 Likes

WIN News Border & North East

Bruce Roberts promo (same as the Geoff Phillips/Lincoln Humphries ones):

WIN News Riverina

3 Likes

They must be severely short staffed in the newsroom at WIN News Illawarra if they’ve had to use cameraman Michael Pignataro to contribute a story to tonight’s bulletin. I suppose it’s not that much of a stretch for him to play reporter considering the number of talented journos he’s shadowed on stories over the years at WIN.

Hope the receptionist has been paying attention to how the journos do their jobs if Bruce intends to have his employees multitask to fill gaps in the reporting ranks.

5 Likes

Does Bruce pull beers at his pub in Wollongong on his day trips from Circular Quay when he graces Australia with his presence?

If that’s the Imperial Hotel at Clifton you’re referring to, Bruce sold it off in 2015 after owning it for 20 years and letting it fall into disrepair. I don’t think WIN has any other hotel holdings. Something tells me Bruce isn’t ordering a counter lunch and schooner at any of the hotels around Wollongong.

I think WIN were looking at a combined video journalist role instead of separate reporter/camera operator roles to file reports to reduce staffing costs?

Not sure if this happens at all.

Problem is Pignataro isn’t a journalist.

1 Like

Maybe not, but it’s a direction that I recall WIN was considering, which I can’t see how it would enhance the quality of their bulletins at all.

Interestingly there are lots of sales roles available at the Win Network, particularly in Queensland however no journalist or reporting roles for any of their newsrooms currently.

https://www.wintv.com.au/page/careers

There were some reporting roles back in around March. Maybe one for presenter in Tasmaina IIRC?

WIN used VJ’s for their Western Australian News program, when they had one.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else has seen. Sky News will be launched on Sunday September 2

See the WIN Television thread.

Yawn