WIN News

AAN really needs to be updated in line with the new graphics package they introduced, looks so dated.

4 Likes

Should be called the “All Australian But No Northern NSW, Gold Coast, NT, SA, WA, Mildura, Mackay or Capital City News”

:frowning:

11 Likes

I did notice last week they did a story about a same-sex wedding in Margaret River WA on All Australian News. I’m guessing it must have been a freelance journo that filed the story.

1 Like

The “All Australian-butonlyifyouincludetheplaceswhereweactuallydolocalnews News”

Perhaps that should be added onto the credits like the speeded-up VO on government ads.

5 Likes

Or maybe just the “Part Australian News” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

No “Eastern Seaboard News” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

perhaps WIN should do multi-region bulletins for those ares where they dont broadcast news, eg a Northern NSW bulletin featuring stories from Gold Coast to Central Coast NSW and as far west as Gunnedah and Narrabri.

It should also be noted they don’t broadcast in NT

I can’t see a Northern NSW/Gold Coast-wide edition of WIN News being particularly popular against more localised bulletins from NBN and (in the case of the North West/Coast) Prime7.

If WIN News really wants to get into the Northern NSW market, they need to do something like a NBN-style composite hour of news at 5pm weekdays produced somewhere in the market with decent On-Air Presentation and quality presenters…but that’s probably about as likely to happen as Geoff Phillips filling in on Ten’s weekend news bulletins! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

As it is, NBN use stories from far north coast etc as fillers in their news segments and some I would hardly call as relevant as some of the stories they might show in Sydney.

I think it would show a different and a wider perspective. Ultimately, given the fact they do AAN, I think they would need to have another presenter doing half hour editions if they had a specific region focused bulletin

it actually does!! the title looked modern, but now they’ve introduced the new graphics, this one looks way to colourful and bright for some reason, i believe the change will come soon, I am thinking maybe it will take them a while, due to the different set look with the greens screen, but as I think this, I’m now thinking how hard it can be? just add in the new logos. the promo definitely looks dated though, using those super old stories with the old logo in the bottom right corner of the screen

how about All Australian News But Like Most Politicians (Barnaby Joyce) Only “Half Australian” As We Don’t Show News From Certain Regions.

1 Like

Remember it’s “ALL AUSTRALIAN NEWS” not “ALL AUSTRALIA NEWS”. So, all the news stories were produced in Australia, they don’t need to cover all of Australia.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, I just like having a little poke at WIN and Bruce Gordon every now and again :grinning:

3 Likes

Illawarra material from Monday:

Last night Kristy Coulcher presented sport on the SNSW bulletins for the first time (after doing All Australian News regularly):

7 Likes

I saw this post by Hannah McEwan on Instagram. She is moving back to Victoria to be with family. I think it’s fair to say she won’t be a presenter with WIN News anymore.

4 Likes

I wonder who (if anyone) is presenting the weather for the WIN News regional Queensland bulletins now.

When I was in Rockhampton last about three weeks ago it was Chris Polzot, however Tanya Dendrinos was presenting for a week or so whilst he was away.

1 Like

Such a joke that they’d replace a qualified meteorologist with a journalist… massive backwards step

1 Like

Hootest day:

9 Likes

Which hoots are they referring to…

or

I prefer the latter… :laughing: :wink:

11 Likes