WIN News

Just wondering, which regions in Australia has local news requirements?

All aggregated regions do.
This link provides maps and the exact details of the requirement for local content.

3 Likes

Odd how they’re not doing weather on the NNSW updates but have already been doing them in SA.

1 Like

Jeez only one update? What time does it air at?

1 Like

Depends on the channel
On WIN its during the final ad break in Ten News before the weather, so approx 5:50-5:55PM
On NINE and SEVEN its in the ad break before the sport report on each channel’s news so approx 6:20PM.

1 Like
1 Like

WIN’s promo team working overtime to pump these out

1 Like

As does every television station in the country . . . would you think all tv news rooms pay their journos above award wages ?

Regional, yes. Metro, not so much - plenty of metro journos who have been able to negotiate better pay.

2 Likes

It appears that Newsbreaks are now in ‘actual’ HD:

11 Likes

Very exciting, for a while only the titlecard appeared in HD… interesting

1 Like

Good on WIN for being the first regional broadcaster with regionally based HD news production.

I will check tomorrow if Nth NSW news updates are HD or not.

3 Likes

Are the bulletins SD?

Yes.

4 Likes

If the updates can, why can’t the bulletins?

is it though?

Geoff certainly is looking sharp in those caps!

3 Likes

Hahaha, well I mean for years WIN NEWS has been terrible in picture quality, Minecraft-esque if you like. I just find it exciting that it’s in HD, well the updates anyway!

Maybe there will be a change for the full bulletin next week that it will be in hd but nah I doubt it

1 Like

There were a few segments (mainly stories IIRC) in ‘HD’ that I saw early last week. You could see the switch in resolution in the WIN News logo. (Illawarra)

love the new HD, the graphics will actually look good in the mocks that I make